Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

Xmas Gift Idea

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Xmas Gift Idea

War on Terror

Could be the 21st century's Risk?
    \"...an ape reft of his tail, and grown rusty at climbing, who yet feels himself to be a symbol and the frail representative of Omnipotence in a place that is not home.\" James Branch Cabell

That is interesting. It won't be as popular as Risk or other mainstream games.

-but it could be a cult hit in the war gamers world.

It reminds me of the Nuclear War card game that was made during the 80's.

Each time period does have it's own games.

I remember,shortly after Desert Storm,there was a "Line in the Sand" boardgame which was even carried in the chain book store.

so,there is always somebody out there who will make a buck on current events.

I would like to know how the actual game play is and what is theobject of the game? haha.

I get a different feeling from it, though, due to it's nature.

It's one thing to play a WWII battle game like all those Avalon Hill ones, but it somehow seems wrong or at least weird to play something that takes place during the time that we live. Video games are one thing, but boardgames have a different feel to them. imo.

Thanks for posting that! It is something to think about,for sure.

"With a deep, not-unhappy sigh, Elric prepared to do battle with an army." (Red Pearls)
    - Michael Moorcock

Comment

Working...
    X