Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

The Black Blade in new a Chinese game?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Black Blade in new a Chinese game?

Was Michael allowed to put his input on this at all?
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 1 photos.

I don’t think it’s plagiarism of the sort it just looks like a black sword..

Comment

I have to agree. I don't see it as plagiarism either, but certainly influenced/inspired by Stormbringer and its sister sword Mournblade to some degree. It isn't runic like those blades, but the description definitely lends itself to being influenced by Mike's creation.
      "He found a coin in his pocket, flipped it. She called: 'Incubus!'
      'Succubus,' he said. 'Lucky old me.'" - Michael Moorcock The Final Programme

Comment

A vampiric black blade pretty much sups from the pool of Mike.
        This seems to be yet another bland copy of the same thing adding not a single thing of invention or character.
        I wonder just how many folks who know the trope haven't the slight idea where it came from? Most I assume.
        I think Mike is likely the source for the vampiric blade trope: particularly Mike's mix of power-at-cost and addiction (which is often easier to seen in the JC equivalents)
        Obs Mike also takes influence from those gone before, particularly in this regard to the Kalevala with the "bad sentient sword"
        But Mike added to the source, didn't just clone it.
        ​​​​​​

Comment

Working...
        X