Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you!
See more
See less

What Games Are You Playing? (2020)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• milkman
    replied
    I've been playing Nioh 2 non-stop. It's beautiful, it does the Dark Souls thing but also happens to be super fast and fun, and co-op PVE is incredible. There's so much game too.

Leave a comment:

• danskmacabre
    replied
    Getting back into Elder Scrolls Online, which has been a real time sink, as most MMOs are.
    Been playing this with some friends, which is a lot of fun.

I also recently got "Mount and Blade 2 - Bannerlord" which I'll be on and off playing. I intend to get right into this over the long weekend coming up for Easter.

Leave a comment:

• Jack Of Shadows
    replied
    An old favorite text game...

http://iplayif.com/?story=http%3A%2F...ions%2Fhhgg.z3

Leave a comment:

• Jack Of Shadows
    replied
    A few rounds of this classic arcade game...

https://archive.org/details/arcade_joust

Leave a comment:

• danskmacabre
    replied
    I played LOADS of Neverwinter Nights many years ago . I used play a lot on persistent worlds (sort of like a mini MMO type thing).
    I used to DM and even hosted a persistent world years ago.

Leave a comment:

• Kevin McCabe
    replied
    Finally chased down Vampire’s Castle. It’s an old text game, like Zork but way more basic. Been nipping the corners of my mind for decades

Leave a comment:

• lemec
    replied
    I played Neverwinter Knights when it first came out. That was great fun.

There was many cool things in it and it was fun disarming traps.

I loved the sound effect of people shouting in the streets of the city.

Leave a comment:

• Heresiologist
    replied
    Originally posted by Jack Of Shadows View Post
    Neverwinter Nights is a fun and challenging game that I haven't played in years. Every time I look through my old game titles that one always stands out as one I should reinstall and play again.
    Back in the aughts I probably played more NWN than any other PC game. Of course for me the real game was using the toolset. That's why this particular play through is like the best QA, but... 16 or 17 years late.

Leave a comment:

• Jack Of Shadows
    replied
    Originally posted by Heresiologist View Post
    Not playing, but for some reason fascinated with watching somebody I don't know play this particular mod for the ancient Neverwinter Nights game.
    Neverwinter Nights is a fun and challenging game that I haven't played in years. Every time I look through my old game titles that one always stands out as one I should reinstall and play again.

Leave a comment:

• Heresiologist
    replied
    Not playing, but for some reason fascinated with watching somebody I don't know play this particular mod for the ancient Neverwinter Nights game:

Leave a comment:

• lemec
    replied
    Very cool!

It's nice hearing about so many fun things!

Leave a comment:

• EverKing
    replied
    Originally posted by lemec View Post
    What Games Are You Playing?

Atari Retro Gold Activision Edition.

Centipede. It's so good!

Missile Command.

Millipede.

Chopper Command.

Pitfall.

Some other video-games, like the one with U.F.O.'s.

It's packed solid with games!
    Love the classic Atari games though! I haven't played them in many many years but I have fond memories of them.

I was recently playing around with unix bash and got logged on to a mainframe which seems to think my account is that of some guy named "Falken." The system has a few games on it--chess, checkers, etc. There is a game called "Global Thermonuclear War" which sounds fun...😏

Leave a comment:

• danskmacabre
    replied
    I jump in and out of games pretty frequently.
    But atm:

Elder scrolls online
    A sort of MMO version of Skyrim I guess. For an MMO it's very good actually. I like it as it supports solo play well with lots of quests and storylines to follow.
    All voiced too, which is nice.
    I still like to watch people running about doing t heir thing. I occasionally work with other players to do quests, but rarely.

Torchlight 2
    An Action RPG. Not much story to this at all. But a fun dungeon romp. I play this with my daughter, who loves this game.
    Torchlight 3 is due out this year, which is gonna be awesome!

Dawn of man.
    A city building game set starting from the Paleolithic period and runs through to the Iron age.
    It's a slow resource management/builder. But a lot of fun. Very relaxing to play.
    Cheap too, as it's an Indie game

Freelancer.
    An old Space combat/Trader. There's lots of fan created content for this that updates it for wide screen, improves graphics, adds LOTS of content.
    I'll be setting up a 24/7 server for this in Australia. It's a lot of fun.

Leave a comment:

• Jack Of Shadows
    replied
    Originally posted by lemec View Post

Centipede. It's so good!

Missile Command.

Millipede.

Chopper Command.

Pitfall.

I love all the retro arcade games they are so much fun and never get old! I play most of them here...

https://archive.org/details/internetarcade

Archive.org also has a very large selection of Atari and other older console games as well as a bunch of "obsolete" software titles.

Leave a comment:

• lemec
    started a topic What Games Are You Playing? (2020)

What Games Are You Playing? (2020)

Centipede. It's so good!

Missile Command.

Millipede.

Chopper Command.

Pitfall.

Working...
X