Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

What Games Are You Playing? (2020)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bauldur's Gate 1&2 Enhanced Edition (PS4)

I confess to being a Dungeons and Dragons addict from way back. I also seem to be in the minority for actually enjoying The Siege of Dragonspear expansion as back in the day it did seem to me that the storyline was missing an important second act. For what could be termed a "retro-game" i still find the whole of this epic fully immersive and quite tough enough at the Core Rules Difficulty setting.
    Mwana wa simba ni simba

The child of a lion is also a lion - Swahili Wisdom

Comment

Originally posted by Kymba334 View Post
      Bauldur's Gate 1&2 Enhanced Edition (PS4)

I confess to being a Dungeons and Dragons addict from way back. I also seem to be in the minority for actually enjoying The Siege of Dragonspear expansion as back in the day it did seem to me that the storyline was missing an important second act. For what could be termed a "retro-game" i still find the whole of this epic fully immersive and quite tough enough at the Core Rules Difficulty setting.
      I used to play the older Dungeons and Dragons games on the computer. For me they were as challenging and just as much fun as playing the original pen and paper RPG. Icewind Dale and The Temple Of Elemental Evil were two of my favorites, but I also enjoyed the first Baldur's Gate (never played the second one).
      "He found a coin in his pocket, flipped it. She called: 'Incubus!'
      'Succubus,' he said. 'Lucky old me.'" - Michael Moorcock The Final Programme

Comment

Spamming Skyrim again lately.
        I've been overviewing the mods I use, removing some and adding a few new ones.
        Been lots of fun.

Comment

Played a game of AD&D last weekend via zoom. First time played in ages: its amazing just how much I remember!

Comment

Originally posted by Rothgo View Post
            Played a game of AD&D last weekend via zoom. First time played in ages: its amazing just how much I remember!
            Fun! Was it entirely Zoom or was it paired with something like Roll20?

I DMed a D&Dish* game for my daughter and three of her pals in the backyard (appropriately distanced and with a bucket of soapy water on hand) last week, but we've talked about using Zoom too.

* Beyond the Wall crossed with elements of BX, 5th Ed, house rules and even a bit of Runequest.

Comment

We used rolz.org to do the dice. That's all we really needed.

Comment

Now playing "Age of empires 2, Definitive edition" a very good kingdom builder, wargame.

Comment

Over the weekend I was playing Hexen which is a dark fantasy first person dungeon crawler game. Very fun but the puzzles are very hard. I also played Vangers which is an obscure russian racing rpg game with a very unique world and art style It was also fun

Comment

Originally posted by Peacefulpie View Post
                    Over the weekend I was playing Hexen which is a dark fantasy first person dungeon crawler game. Very fun but the puzzles are very hard. I also played Vangers which is an obscure russian racing rpg game with a very unique world and art style It was also fun
                    I remember playing hexen in College a bit. Fun as I remember it.
                    "Self-discipline and self-knowledge are the key. An individual becomes a unique universe, able to move at will through all the scales of the multiverse - potentially able to control the immediate reality of every scale, every encountered environment."
                    --Contessa Rose von Bek, Blood part 4, chapter 12

Comment

I Have No Mouth and I Must Scream. I have always been a sucker for point and click adventure games and still play from time to time, when I am too unfocused to read or do other sensible things. Almost ashamed to think of how many hours I have spent playing Baldur's Gate and Neverwinter Nights back in the days. Nice to know that I was not the only one :)

Comment

Originally posted by J-Sun View Post

I remember playing hexen in College a bit. Fun as I remember it.
                        I LOVE Hexen honestly it’s one of my favourite games now because of the puzzles and the atmosphere. The graphics are really nice as well. I love games from that time period.

Comment

I love baldurs gate.
                          The older I get, the mess patience i have for computer games. But maybe that’ll pass when life changes and gets more peaceful.
                          "Self-discipline and self-knowledge are the key. An individual becomes a unique universe, able to move at will through all the scales of the multiverse - potentially able to control the immediate reality of every scale, every encountered environment."
                          --Contessa Rose von Bek, Blood part 4, chapter 12

Comment

Working...
                          X