Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

Any good RPG etc games for the PS2 Reccommenddations?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any good RPG etc games for the PS2 Reccommenddations?

I have a PS2, and i like fighting games and RPGs. I love Balders Gate Dark Allliance 1 and 2

I like fantasy games . I like ones where you level up and buy stuff.

Any recommendations, anyone?

I wondered about Haven . Someone i know had it and they didnt like it. But thats saying nothing.

Also, are the YuGiOh games any good?

I wondered about the game for WITCH or Winx club.

Im not a games snob, ill try anything.

I also like robots. I want some robot fighting games.

I fancied SLSI.

What is the Transformers game from 2004 like?

I heard the decepticons are more fun in it.

I like The Lord of the Rings Third Age

It was not as complex as some that you mentioned, but I thought it was really cool.

The only drawback is, it just follows the movies and you know what is coming next.

I think it was called third age, I was able to select various characters and purchase weapons and choose spells for them.

"With a deep, not-unhappy sigh, Elric prepared to do battle with an army." (Red Pearls)
    - Michael Moorcock

Comment

I qhite liked thelook of that.

I thought about getting the LOTR games. But i wasnt sure.

I fancied Devil may cry 3. Looks interesting.

I will be getting Shadow of the collossus soon for my birthday. Someone says thayll lend me the guid book.

Is it hard?

I will also be getting Drakengard. Does that need a book too?

Comment

If you like Balder's Gate DA 1 and 2 you might like Champions of Norrath and it's sequel which are a very similar play style and probably available quite cheap these days. If you like Tekken style combat games Soul Caliber 2 is a good choice, also should be available quite cheaply.

I'm really out of touch with the latest stuff as for some reason computer games have lost much of their glamour for me.

Comment

Originally posted by Grey Mouser
          I'm really out of touch with the latest stuff as for some reason computer games have lost much of their glamour for me.
          You as well, huh? I don't know. I used to play loads of computer games - especially the Black Isle series, but the last two RPGs I bought - Neverwinter Nights and Morrowind - I didn't really progress very far with. I re-installed Planescape:Torment at the beginning of the year but didn't get back into it at all.

I wonder if it's something to do with getting older?
          _"For an eternity Allard was alone in an icy limbo where all the colours were bright and sharp and comfortless.
          _For another eternity Allard swam through seas without end, all green and cool and deep, where distorted creatures drifted, sometimes attacking him.
          _And then, at last, he had reached the real world – the world he had created, where he was God and could create or destroy whatever he wished.
          _He was supremely powerful. He told planets to destroy themselves, and they did. He created suns. Beautiful women flocked to be his. Of all men, he was the mightiest. Of all gods, he was the greatest."

Comment

im getting champions of norrath 1 and 2 and gauntlett seven sorrows.

I fancied soul calibur, the latest.

I also liked the look of Kuon. But the reviews werent good. not that i listen to reviews all the time.

Comment

Soul Caliber 2 and it's sequel has got some great motion capture for the animations. There are probably some good sites out there on the net for any gameplay tips and secrets you might need to track down.

Comment

Originally posted by David Mosley
                You as well, huh? I re-installed Planescape:Torment at the beginning of the year but didn't get back into it at all.

I wonder if it's something to do with getting older?
                After 4 or 5 years of being really into computer games I think the novelty is finally wearing off. I occasionally return to BG and BG2 for short periods. There's a new Elder Scrolls game called Oblivion out now but good as it looks (also with voice work by Patrick Stewart and Sean Bean) I'm just not attracted to try it any more. For all the graphical innovations these games have, the gameplay really hasn't progressed much. There really needs to be a major advance in gameplay I think. The technology is out there but I feel the money men are not willing to take the risks, falling back on tried and tested formulas. Can't say I really blame them, if it was my money on the line I'd probably be conservative too, but it tends to have the effect of holding back innovation. Money, talent, vision, and the willingness to take risks are a rare combo.

Planescape for instance was not a commercial success, yet it was a cult classic which pushed forward the boundaries for that kind of game, with a similar amount of text as that contained in a volume of encyclopedia Britannica. Like you I really liked that one, probably the best of it's sort, but just can't go back to it anymore. Yet the Planescape universe with several of it's key concepts really appeals to me (like the idea that a town or planet can change planes based on the predominating mindset of its denizens). There's a good article over at wikipedia:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Planescape:_Torment

...including a free downloadable novelisation of the Nameless One's journey:

http://www.wischik.com/lu/senses/pst-book.html

I was dissapointed in general with Neverwinter Nights. I felt that it was probably in development long before BG1 and has the feel of being an older game, even though it came out after. I'm looking forward to NWN2 though, and hope this will be what I had originally thought NWN1 was going to be.

http://www.atari.com/nwn2/index.php

If this turns out to be another example of artistic vision compromised by commercial interests then I might give up on computer games completely.
                Last edited by Grey Mouser; 08-30-2006, 03:32 PM.

Comment

When I was a kid I think I would have really liked Oblivion. These days that sort of open-ended gameplay really puts me off - you have to invest so much time in it that you wouldn't have time for anything else.

I'm sure its a very good game, these days I'm finding myself more in need of a 'quick fix'. Rome Total War probably is an exception, but like most games it does lose its appeal after a while.

PS2 BTW has series called The Summoner, which didn't get very well reviewed but I liked well enough. Only played the first one, but the story I found to be quite compelling.

Similarly you can try to pick up the entire Legacy of Kain series pretty cheaply. More arcade adventure, but the script (for the most part) and the voice acting is fantastic.

I also liked Fallout 1 & 2. Probably the best games Black Isle ever did. A shame part 3 got canned when Black Isle broke up, but apparently Bethesda have the rights to it now. Which probably means there will be some sort of Fallout-Morrowind, which I'm sure will be very good, but just won't be the same.
                  Batman: It's a low neighborhood, full of rumpots. They're used to curious sights, which they attribute to alcoholic delusions.

Robin: Gosh, drink is sure a filthy thing, isn't it? I'd rather be dead than unable to trust my own eyes!

Comment

There are probably some good sites out there on the net for any gameplay tips and secrets you might need to track down.
                    I've found that gamefaqs.com is by far the best website for that sort of thing. You can save lots of money on strategy guides.

I fancied Devil may cry 3. Looks interesting.
                    Good game, but you want the Special Edition / Greatest Hits version, which is much better than the original release (I'm not sure whether this is available in countries other than the US).

I will be getting Shadow of the collossus soon for my birthday. Someone says thayll lend me the guid book.

Is it hard?
                    It's a great game, though I still haven't finished it, as I got frustrated with one specific thing halfway through. When I get home from school, I need to finish SoC. The game is by far the most atmospheric I've ever played.

I fancied soul calibur, the latest.
                    I think that Soul Calibur II is in some ways better than SCIII, but both are extremely good games. I used SCIII's character creation feature to create a version of Elric (Characters you create play more or less like normal characters, they just look different. Elric plays like Nightmare).

Comment

I didnt get Shadow Of the Collossus for my birthday. Someone gave me two games i was borrowing from them.

Im gonna get it though.

I got Gauntlet, Seven Sorrows.

Its ok . I havne got past level 2 yet though.

Im am definately getting Champions of Norrath 1 and two.

That is if i can get the first one. It is hard to get at as normal price.

Its not like i need CON1, to get CON2, is it?

I want both though.

I am playing drakengard now. Its really great. Very violent and bloody.

Boy, was that first mission hard.

One thing. It has many endings. I think it wont dissapear if i find one ending, but i hope not.

Does anyone know what happens when you find an ending?

What is the latest Soul Calibur? I will get the latest i think.

I saw a game about vampire cowboys that looked good. Darkwatch , i think.

Is that good?

I like fighting and killing vast amounts of enemies, and levelling up and buying stuff, etc.

Which is the latest Final Fantasy? I fancy trying that.

Any good japanese rpgs out there?

I fancy Tales of The Abyss i saw on a website.

Is the Tales Of series good?

Comment

The summoner series sounds interesting.

I will definately be getting CON1and 2. If i can.

I would get a Xbox 360, for Elder Scrolls Oblivion and other rpgs on there.

I cant afford one, but i want one.

I would also like a PS3 when it comes out.

I shall have to make money, somehow.

Comment

Working...
                        X