Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

From Russia With Love 007 game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• From Russia With Love 007 game

I just played the From Russia With Love 007 game for Playstation 2. I recommend it. Sean Connery's recorded the voice for it. It was alot of fun. Driving the Astin Martin with machine guns is pretty cool.

"With a deep, not-unhappy sigh, Elric prepared to do battle with an army." (Red Pearls)
    - Michael Moorcock

Hey Lemec,
    I'm nearly finished the game. I've only the airport level to unlock. Those pesky award points...I only need eight more.
    Yes, the game is awesome, if a little short, but the fact that Sir Sean is involved makes up for it. :D
    ..he weeps with the wonder of suddenly recollected innocence, of something he believed lost as everything else is lost to him and which makes him believe, if only for this moment, that what he has lost might be, perhaps, restored.

Comment

Has Connery actually recorded the voice for the game - or have the makers just sampled his lines from his Bond movies? I've only seen the trailer where he says "Bond. James Bond at the end, but I thought he sounded a little, well, young.

Just wondering. I think it's great in any case that he's involved in some way. I remember the kick I got from hearing the original Trek crew doing the voices for the 25th Anniversary Star Trek computer game. :)
      _"For an eternity Allard was alone in an icy limbo where all the colours were bright and sharp and comfortless.
      _For another eternity Allard swam through seas without end, all green and cool and deep, where distorted creatures drifted, sometimes attacking him.
      _And then, at last, he had reached the real world – the world he had created, where he was God and could create or destroy whatever he wished.
      _He was supremely powerful. He told planets to destroy themselves, and they did. He created suns. Beautiful women flocked to be his. Of all men, he was the mightiest. Of all gods, he was the greatest."

Comment

Originally posted by KanderGrimm
        Hey Lemec,
        I'm nearly finished the game. I've only the airport level to unlock. Those pesky award points...I only need eight more.
        Yes, the game is awesome, if a little short, but the fact that Sir Sean is involved makes up for it. :D
        Hi KanderGrimm,

That's cool. :D I still need to play those 3 bonus levels, that first one is tough to beat the clock after they take away your extra weapons and I end up without much ammo,hehe. It sure is fun, better than ones that make you jump bottomless pits.

"With a deep, not-unhappy sigh, Elric prepared to do battle with an army." (Red Pearls)
        - Michael Moorcock

Comment

Demos, it is actually the older Connery doing the lines for the game. The dialogue is him re-doing lines from the film and original dialogue written for the game. As you acquire points you're able to unlock film clips and interviews with Connery and others.
          ..he weeps with the wonder of suddenly recollected innocence, of something he believed lost as everything else is lost to him and which makes him believe, if only for this moment, that what he has lost might be, perhaps, restored.

Comment

Have you played the other Bond games Lemec?

Everything or Nothing
            Nightfire
            Agent Under Fire
            Goldeneye

The Bond games are the only games I make sure I get as soon as they come out.

Comment

Originally posted by demos99
              Has Connery actually recorded the voice for the game - or have the makers just sampled his lines from his Bond movies? I've only seen the trailer where he says "Bond. James Bond at the end, but I thought he sounded a little, well, young.

Just wondering. I think it's great in any case that he's involved in some way. I remember the kick I got from hearing the original Trek crew doing the voices for the 25th Anniversary Star Trek computer game. :)
              Hello demos,

Yes, Sir Sean Connery actually recorded the voice just for the game. There are parts where you can tell it is his older voice. His voice seemed to change slightly it seems right before he filmed The Avengers.

Ya, that Star Trek game was cool when Trek had something new out, during the time when there was not much of that sort of thing and the systems and computers are not what they are now. It was a very exciting time. There was one other that I know of that was out a couple years ago that just had Shatner's and Koenig's voice in. :D

- Michael Moorcock

Comment

Five years later....

New Bond video game due Christmas 2010: Blood Stone

Well, I guess it will do until they make a proper JB film with Craig.
                "They went into the house and were soon rolling about in bed together." - The Wrecks of Time, James Colvin, 1966

Comment

Working...
                X