Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

Banter Board

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Banter Board

If you've something to say that doesn't require a thread all to itself or just want to chat with the other MUD members, you can post here.

Thanos Shadowsage

P.S. Some of you know that I've been operating without a computer for some time now. That has changed as of this week. The last few adjustments are being made on my laptop and I am working on getting an internet account of my own. Once this has been achieved I shall be both at Storm and here much more often.

Re: Banter Board

Originally posted by ThanosShadowsage
    If you've something to say that doesn't require a thread all to itself or just want to chat with the other MUD members, you can post here.

Thanos Shadowsage

P.S. Some of you know that I've been operating without a computer for some time now. That has changed as of this week. The last few adjustments are being made on my laptop and I am working on getting an internet account of my own. Once this has been achieved I shall be both at Storm and here much more often.
    It's about damn time!! Here I thought you were just ignoring me! I was getting that "ban" button ready for your mud character :)

Comment

Laptop

Bah... the work on my laptop is taking rediculously long... I could have done it by now. Oh well... I'll have it soon.

Thanos

Comment

Hi all, VonWeiner here,

I have a NOOB question(s)

I know there used to be (and still are) many mods for game engines that run D&D type games (they had or have them for the quakeI and II engine, lithtech, unreal, etc...). I play all kinds of games (my wife calls my computer "the mistress") but was confused by the MUD.

Yes, I am a MUD-NOOB!!

Assume I am someone who knows nothing of MUDs. What can you tell me and how can I participate?
        When they had advanced together to meet on common
        ground, then there was the clash of shields, of spears
        and the fury of men cased in bronze; bossed shields met
        each other and the din rose loud. Then there were
        mingled the groaning and the crowing of men killed and
        killing, and the ground ran with blood.

Homer, The Illiad

Comment

Originally posted by VonWeiner
          Hi all, VonWeiner here,

I have a NOOB question(s)

I know there used to be (and still are) many mods for game engines that run D&D type games (they had or have them for the quakeI and II engine, lithtech, unreal, etc...). I play all kinds of games (my wife calls my computer "the mistress") but was confused by the MUD.

Yes, I am a MUD-NOOB!!

Assume I am someone who knows nothing of MUDs. What can you tell me and how can I participate?
          He he, me too...

When after two hours I managed to pass the school, I guess I was killed by the first guy I met and appeared at the morgue.
          \\

Comment

:P

LOL Lord Marioh...

Have either of you read the MUD:How To section in this part of the forum?

Thanos

Comment

Just Read your How to Thanos. Thx for explaining it to me(us).

It sounds like fun, kinda reminds me of old AD&D.

I'll give it a go tonight! :D
              When they had advanced together to meet on common
              ground, then there was the clash of shields, of spears
              and the fury of men cased in bronze; bossed shields met
              each other and the din rose loud. Then there were
              mingled the groaning and the crowing of men killed and
              killing, and the ground ran with blood.

Homer, The Illiad

Comment

AD&D

Yeah... it is very much like AD&D. I've yet to decide which I like more: D&D in person the way it was origionally... or D&D online in a chatroom. On one hand you have D&D in person... REAL D&D if you ask me, but in person you have SO many distractions... pizza rolls... your geeky friends that won't stop doing stupid stuff for laughs (I'm usually helping, unless I feel like playing seriously). But at the same time that is usually what makes D&D in person so good. But online you can have a real game that goes with the core rules and you have minimal distraction. Both are nice.

Thanos

Comment

Working...
                X