Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

Forum based RPGs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Forum based RPGs

If you have never seen a forum based RPG before, there are some good examples at the following address

http://www.rpgdreamersforum.com/index.php?showforum=61

The basic idea is this: The creator person(s) makes a premise for a story, often with many details of a world for it to be set in. Interested players then generate a character and are approved by whoever happens to be in charge at the time. They then proceed to write sections of the story premised by the creator and centred round their characters, but including the characters created by the others if they happen to be there too. This continues until the story is complete, or until most of the characters drop out.

Does this qualify as alternate gaming?

Yes

I would say a definate Yes to both questions. I've played in a forum RPG before. Was rather nice too... because I played as a neutral party (that is until I was threatened by intergalactic space pirates... whom I attacked - but appairently the Storyteller didn't approve of my "We don't negotiate with Terrorists." policies hehe...) I left the game after that. Fun while it lasted.

Thanos

Comment

hأ©h. I'm rather fond of forum based RPG's. Well, I enjoy the creative writing aspect of it most of the time... even though lately, my creativity seems to be hiding upon a rock somewhere. Well, the creative writing is the most important part of it upon the ones I administrate (2), and the third I play on from time to time. I find it rather refreshing to be involved in a story as it unfolds.

Just my penny's worth..

*wanders off*

Comment

Working...
      X