Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

where's the mud?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• where's the mud?

haven't been able to find/connect to it in years. had to move to eq of all places. i miss it, so whats up?

nm

found it, last address i had was kurly...

Comment

MUD Location

For anyone else who may need it the site link is:

www.stormbringer.sytes.net

Pop in and join the fun!

Thanos

Comment

Re: nm

Originally posted by banghi
        found it, last address i had was kurly...

cripes, Kurly, that _has_ been awhile, who are you though, I can't remember offhand - your name isn't familier?

Comment

Hola all.

Gond AKA Maul AKA Ratbastard here.

Just popping in to say hi on the new Forums :)

Good to see you Phoenix!

storm.sytes.net 4500

Maul, Rich mofo of Trade/VTC

Comment

Money!

Originally posted by Maul
            Hola all.

Gond AKA Maul AKA Ratbastard here.

Just popping in to say hi on the new Forums :)

Good to see you Phoenix!

storm.sytes.net 4500

Maul, Rich mofo of Trade/VTC
            Still richer than you :)

Comment

MUD Location

Ah, the address I have been connecting to for quite some time now is as follows:

ADDY/IP: www.storm-bringer.org PORT: 4500
              If you want to telnet in:
              telnet://www.storm-bringer.org:4500[/b]

Comment

I am familier with MUSHES . . . have SimpleMU . . . put in the address info and tried to log in as guest to look around and it kept asking what name I wanted to be known as and password??? I dont have a character there so to the best of my knowledge I have to

connect guest

I see no help commands or any instructions on how to log in as a guest to look around. After 3 attempts it closes the window.

Help?
                Ultra Magnus to Sandstorm. \"I\'ve never seen anything this beautiful in the entire galaxy. . . Alright, give me the bomb.\"

Comment

Loging on

To my knowledge you can't log in as a guest at Stormbringer. But membership is free and you can delete your screen name. So if you just make a dummy character with any name you wish. You can delete it after logging on. Note: When making up a dummy name choose one you DON'T like. I'm not sure of the actual system code... but I had a name I wanted once... deleted it... tried to recreate with that name... and couldn't. I think the name is reserved for a certain period of time before someone can take it.

So just go to the MUD. Create a dummy char "Dsdf"(for example) and rush through all the character creation stuff (just accept everything it gives you).

Once you want to delete your character you can type "delete" it will ask if you're sure and if so type "delete" again. You will be deleted and logged off.

Thanos

Comment

HI,
                    It finally dawned on me that it wanted me to create a character to log in. (In MUSHES you have to fill out applications for characters and get them approved and yadda yadda...its not a free community in those places)...so I came up with the name, then it asked for password. I put that in and it asked again. So Im thinking that the first time was to set the password, so I repeated the password and . . . it asked again . . . I put it in again . . . it asked again. . . did that again and it locked me out of the log in page. I think I tried for an hour to get past the password part and nothing.

To be honest this is quite annoying . . . Im not sure what Im doing wrong here . . . LOL boy . . . first the code probs I had with the board and now this . . . yeesh . . . Im NOT a newbie . . . :P
                    Ultra Magnus to Sandstorm. \"I\'ve never seen anything this beautiful in the entire galaxy. . . Alright, give me the bomb.\"

Comment

hehe

Akk... sorry. I think I left an important step out. I couldn't load the MUD (in a library and it is blocked) so I wasn't absolutely sure if what I was going to say was true. What names are you trying? I'm a little confused because I'm pretty sure that if you put in a new name that it doesn't recognize it says something like "I don't recognize ___ are you new? Y or N?" If what I just said isn't true... try typing "New" and see what happens. It sucks that I can't logon myself, of I would be more help.

Thanos

Comment

Thanks. Let me go try that.

Comment

Its not working. I tried new, New +New and nothing . . . it would either not repsond at all or just keep asking what name I wanted to be known as.

So I put in Elric of course knowing that name had to be taken . . . then I put in Corum (mm ok I could be Corum but I need to re-read the books again first!! :P ) and it asked for the password . . . after three attemtps at the same word for a password is locked me out . . .

Also about every other time I try to log in, as the page is loading it comes up with:

MCCP initiated.
                          Compression error encountered. Attempting to compensate.
                          MCCP Compression Disabled.
                          ’Ž6آ¯أ²%3أµ…آ¢أ”أ¤أ¼أ´آ¼أŒأ¢TpDآ?uآ«;أ§أ§آ¥أƒ ˜Pأ”u2أ“PLK.JMآ¥^.آ أ«‹“KR‹’sr€أ¾Gأ•آ?PRY"أ‍أµyd;>آ?Fn

Comment

If anyone is interested, I downloaded another client and was able to get into the MUD. I was using SimpleMU (it claimed to have mad a mud setting...pfft) and am now using MUSHclient.

So I went through and created a character and went to the academy . . . mmmmm then left, took a wrong turn and am now stuck in a room I cant get out of .....*sigh*

Comment

MUD Help

Hey,

Is that room called The Morgue? You just "recall" to get out of there. Reading the How To: MUD thread here might be helpful if you haven't already. It has a lot of basic info but also SB:R exclusive info as well.

Thanos

Comment

Working...
                              X