Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

Driv3r

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Driv3r

According to her IMDb entry, the actress Michelle Rodriguez voices a character called "Calita" in Driv3r. I was wondering if this character was a large part of the game or not? It seems silly to buy or rent a game just for the "cast", but I'm curious all the same. Thanks.
    "That which does not kill us, makes us stranger." - Trevor Goodchild

For the love of God, don't go anywhere near that game! Atrocious.
    Call me cockey, but if there\'s an alien I can\'t kill, I haven\'t met him and killed him yet!

Comment

I agree, this game is AWFUL. I looked forward to it for a long time, and was VERY dissapointed when it came out. The control sucks, the graphics are glitchy, and all around its just a very badly made game.

Comment

8O Well, that's pretty conclusive!!

Thanks for the warning. I am so very out of touch. I'm still shocked by how many Resident Evil games there have been since I last picked up a control pad!

Comment

Resident Evil games multiply like the T-Virus, thats why theres so many.

Comment

Many of the newer Resi titles have been god-awful spin-offs. Things such as Dead Aim and Outbreak. I just count the main games, i.e the ones that add to the story.

Can't go wrong with a Gamecube, as the entire series of "main" games is on there, and soon the wonderful looking Resident Evil 4 is due out.

As much as I love the Resi series, I've always prefered the Silent Hill games (causing an endless debate with a friend of mine). Probably due to the atmosphere difference. Resi makes me jump on occasion, for sure, but Silent Hill does far more damage to my mental state. I genuinley dislike walking down a corridor in those games... and those babies... 8O
            Call me cockey, but if there\'s an alien I can\'t kill, I haven\'t met him and killed him yet!

Comment

The bits I really like in the Resi games are where you're free to shoot zombies. No puzzles, no super-lethal Nemeses... just a lot of shuffling feet and discarded shell cases. My dream game would be one that combined GTA with zombies. Just driving around, running down the undead in an ambulance, while Twisted Sister play on the soundtrack and a beautiful sunset looms in the distance. I'd better get a letter off to Capcom...

Comment

Here seems a suitable place to mention my complete and utter hatred of the second Resi film.

I've made mention of my distaste for the original film before, but the sequel makes the original look like genius!

I actually feel sorry for Jovovich, because surely no one will take her seriously after this?

Comment

It got two stars out of five in Empire, and does indeed sound terrible... but I'll still go to watch it. I'm foolish like that... I was even considering paying full price for it, but in light of the reviews I'll most likely wait until the cheap-day matinee.

Comment

It was mindless zombie fun. Definetly a Half Price Movie id even go as far as to say its rental material.

Comment

The Onion described it as "good enough". Hardly the stuff of poster quotes, but I'm resolute... sort of.

Comment

Ahhhhh, the Onion. I love it.

Comment

The Onion is always laugh-out-loud funny, and you can't say fairer than that. I also end up printing out stories or "columns" for my journal, because they express something quite true and vicious, but in a memorably hilarious way. Love that site... oh, and the books of course!

Meanwhile, The Sunday Times gave the new Resi movie one star out of five, and that's the lowest score they give. Also, every review I've read makes fun of the Nemesis. But I'm still going. It's become a matter of principle now. Everyone dislikes the movie so much, I have to go to see it for myself.

Comment

I really do sound like a miserable old git here, but I couldn't even accept it as 'good zombie fun'. And the Nemesis does look like he's made of Playdoh.

I dunno, I just didn't get on with it. What got me was the fact that there were an absolute boat-load of easter eggs for fans to spot. If they could have only put as much effort into the production, then maybe things could have been different.

Also, what was with all the 'swishy-wooshy' sounds? I expected to have cartoon bubbles appear on screen, saying 'BAM!' or 'POW!'.

I'll stop now. I'm not normally so bitter.

Sorry.

Comment

Originally posted by DeeCrowSeer
                              The Onion is always laugh-out-loud funny, and you can't say fairer than that. I also end up printing out stories or "columns" for my journal, because they express something quite true and vicious, but in a memorably hilarious way. Love that site... oh, and the books of course!

Meanwhile, The Sunday Times gave the new Resi movie one star out of five, and that's the lowest score they give. Also, every review I've read makes fun of the Nemesis. But I'm still going. It's become a matter of principle now. Everyone dislikes the movie so much, I have to go to see it for myself.
                              Yeah the Nemesis was pretty cheesy looking. HAHA, i laugh just thinking about it.

Comment

Working...
                              X