Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

Game info

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Game info

Is there anyone out there who can e-mail me (or just post here) a detailed list of all the stuff published by Chaosium for the Elric game?

I'm after all titles and, ideally, year of release, for both the original Stormbringer and the Elric! reissue.

Eternally grateful....
    "Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl f'tagn"

Great Old One, I have most of the rulebooks and supplements from the 3rd edition of the rules (which was reformatted in hardback by Games Workshop) up to the 5th, plus Elric! game and supplements. I missed out on edition 1 and 2 (the boxed sets) because I was young and penniless and unschooled as to the value of such things (the 1st boxed set was آ£40 quid, a pretty penny in those days) I have much of the information you seek but have been sitting on my reply because I was initially, admittedly, too lazy to dig out all those old books. If I can work out something with Berry regarding image hosting, I'll see if I can scan the front and back covers of them in high quality so you can see what they look like, too. Year of publication and accuracy will be assured as they are now here on my desk in a big pile.

Will be back in touch soon....

The Grey Loafer

Comment

Here's what I've come up with so far. My collection only starts from the 3rd Edition so without doing some net research my info is vague for 1st and 2nd edition stuff. I'll add to this when I can find out more. I'm currently doing some scans for the gallery section of the site so eventually you'll be able to see examples of what they looked like over there.

Rulebooks (in order of publication)

Stormbringer 1st Edition
      Boxed set - Chaosium 1981

Stormbringer 2nd Edition
      Slimline Boxed Set - Chaosium ???? (1983/1985?)

Stormbringer 3rd Edition
      Hardback - Games Workshop in association with Chaosium
      (includes Stormbringer Companion supplement) 1987

Stormbringer 4th Edition
      Softback - Chaosium 1990

Elric! 1st Edition
      Softback - Chaosium 1993

Stormbringer 5th Edition
      Softback - Chaosium 2001

Dragon Lords of Melnibone (conversion of Stormbringer rules to d20 game system)
      Softback - Chaosium March 2001

Supplements (in order of publication)

1st/2nd edition supplements

Stormbringer Companion
      Softback - Chaosium ????

Octagon of Chaos
      Softback - Theatre of the Mind 1986

4th Edition supplements

Sorcerers of Pan Tang
      Softback - Chaosium 1991

Perils of the Young Kingdoms
      Softback - Chaosium 1991

Rogue Mistress
      Softback - Chaosium 1991

Sea Kings of the Purple Towns
      Softback - Chaosium (I'm missing this one, but likely 1991)

Elric! supplements

Melnibone
      Softback - Chaosium 1993

The Bronze Grimoire
      Softback - Chaosium 1994

Fate of Fools
      Softback - Chaosium 1994

The Unknown East
      Softback - Chaosium 1995

Atlas of the Young Kingdoms, Vol 1 The Northern Continent
      Softback - Chaosium 1996

Sailing on the Seas of Fate
      Softback - Chaosium 1996

Here's a link which may prove useful. The webmaster here covers many of the rulebooks and supplements in detail, with reviews:

http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Caps...rmbringer.html

Comment

You are a star. Just what I needed.
        Many thanks!

Comment

Slight correction -

2nd edition is a full sized boxed set. The only change was a short list
          of errata on the inside front cover of the rulesbook.

I was going to list all the 1st/2nd edition supplements GM left out,
          but the link he provided covers it all.

If you want a brief summary of contents, I can provide it. I have
          everything but the 1st edition boxed set.

Should also add the Corum supplement published by Darcsyde under
          license from Chaosium.

Ian
          Diplomacy: The ability to tell someone to
          go to hell so that they will look forward to
          making the trip.

Comment

Cheers.
            As you say, the link pretty much filled all the gaps in the original post, but it was more the later stuff I was interested in anyway, as I've been a bit out of touch with gaming in the last ten years or so. I wanted to see what I was missing. Although with all the controversy going on in the Q&A, I suppose it's a bit "politically incorrect" of me to have ever mentioned it!!

Comment

Originally posted by GreatOldOne
              Although with all the controversy going on in the Q&A, I suppose it's a bit "politically incorrect" of me to have ever mentioned it!!
              Well, I think we carry on until we are shut down. :!:

I don't know what has gone on historically between old Chaosium and MM. Hopefully that will find some sort of resolution in the future. I know Lawrence personally, he's a very pleasant and honourable person as well as a huge advocate of MM's work. His contribution to promoting interest in MM's Eternal Champion writing has been immense.

It's a shame that the RPG works have not generated more sales, as the quality of the writing and game design is so very high. Looking at the list there are many hours of quality gaming to be had in MM's fantastic worlds.

Philander

Comment

No one is going to shut down any conversation like this one.
                The cat spread its wings and flew high into the air, hovering to keep pace with them as they moved cautiously toward the city. Then, as they climbed over the rubble of what had once been a gateway and began to make their way through piles of weed-grown masonry, the cat flew to the squat building with the yellow dome upon its roof. It flew twice around the dome and then came back to settle on Jhary's shoulder. - The King of the Swords

Comment

Originally posted by Grey Mouser
                  Here's what I've come up with so far. ...

Rulebooks (in order of publication)
                  Additions:

Hawkmoon Boxed set
                  Chaosium 1986

Corum (technically Supplement to Stormbringer 5th edition)
                  Darcsyde 2001

Supplements (in order of publication)

1st/2nd edition supplements

Demon Magic, the 2nd Stormbringer Companion
                  Softback - Chaosium 198?

White Wolf
                  Softback - Chaosium 198?

Stealer of Souls
                  Softback Chaosium 1985

Black Sword
                  Softback Chaosium 1985

Shattered Isle (Technically Hawkmoon, but also SB1/-/3)
                  Softback Chaosium 1987

4th Edition supplements

Sea Kings of the Purple Towns
                  Softback - Chaosium ([I'm missing this one, but likely 1991)
                  Actually, 1992, but given the numbering sequence on the books, it is from the same run of activity as the previous three.

Also:

Slaves of Fate - d20/Dragon Lords of Melnibone Supplement
                  Softback Chaosium 2001

Elric! GM's pack (includes a short scenario)
                  Card Screen and pamphlets Chaosium 199

Regards,

Nick Middleton

Comment

Misquotes and impugns.

I don't know what has gone on historically between old Chaosium and MM. Hopefully that will find some sort of resolution in the future.

I know Lawrence personally, he's a very pleasant and honourable person as well as a huge advocate of MM's work.

Sorry to impugn LW's good name but from reading a lot of his messages on many sites he comes across ,at times, as irritated and cynical.Still he's "only human". Not a demi god called Morgelt.

His contribution to promoting interest in MM's Eternal Champion writing has been immense.

His contribution to promoting MM's Eternal Champion goes hand in hand with supporting his own job writing supplements for Chaosium.So a "teensy bit" of self interest does not seem out of place as part of his motivation.

It's a shame that the RPG works have not generated more sales, as the quality of the writing and game design is so very high.

I have found the quality of writing in Chaosium scenarios varies.What I will say about LW's writing is that it is of a consistantly high quality in comparison with the other supplements/scenarios.I think Stormbringer 5th edition rules are excellent.A pity that the artwork is patchy.

Darklord.

Looking at the list there are many hours of quality gaming to be had in MM's fantastic worlds.

Philander[/quote]

Comment

"You wouldn't let it lie,would you!"

Originally posted by Philander
                      Originally posted by GreatOldOne
                      Although with all the controversy going on in the Q&A, I suppose it's a bit "politically incorrect" of me to have ever mentioned it!!
                      Well, I think we carry on until we are shut down. :!: :o

Reminds me of the old Vic Reeves saying "You wouldn't let it lie, would you?" :lol:

I don't know what has gone on historically between old Chaosium and MM. Hopefully that will find some sort of resolution in the future. I know Lawrence personally, he's a very pleasant and honourable person as well as a huge advocate of MM's work. His contribution to promoting interest in MM's Eternal Champion writing has been immense.

Don't throw stones if you live in a glass house would be my advice to Loz on the subject.I find it ironic that he can't take a dose of his own medicine.He calls Moorcock a "snob" on a site Moorcock would not normally log on to....and someone calls Loz a "frustrated writer" on a site he normally doesn't log on to, and Loz finds it disappointing..boo hoo!.If Loz can't take it he shouldn't dish it out.His defence of "only human" is even more ironic seeing as his avatar on the Elric's Tavern site was Morgelt the demi god."only human" is no defence against the charge of making snide remarks behind peoples backs.Moorcock is not the only person to get Loz's cynicism.The varied people who post on the Q&A have been mocked for asking Moorcock on his opinions, then Loz goes and asks Moorcock for his opinion on some subject."Only human" might also be a lax defence of hypocracy too.
                      It was about time someone took a pin to his overinflated ego and brought him back down to earth with a bump.The moral of this tragedy or farce (take your pick)is that it may take six years of effort to establish a reputation on the net ,and one unthinking message to ruin that reputation.

It's a shame that the RPG works have not generated more sales, as the quality of the writing and game design is so very high. Looking at the list there are many hours of quality gaming to be had in MM's fantastic worlds.

All power to the gamers , but let's give some thought to who first wrote the stories the games are based on.

Philander

Preacher of Nietzsche 8)

Comment

Working...
                      X