Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

Amazing MacBook and OS X

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Amazing MacBook and OS X

Since dumping Windows XP for Kubuntu, the first things to sort out were the usage of my HP Deskjet 3520 printer and Sony DRX-720UL-T DVD burner. I decided to first try the installation of both devices on my wife's MacBook. Both were working flawlessly within two minutes. No software to install, no error messages and no bullshit workarounds required. Impressive. Now to try it on Kubuntu on a Dell Latitude D400.
    Infinite complexity according to simple rules.

I got the same printer working within 10 minutes on the Dell/Kubuntu combination.

I was burning a DVD with the Sony on the Dell/Kubuntu combination within 2 minutes.

Amazing.
    Infinite complexity according to simple rules.

Comment

OS X makes me look like a computer genius! It does everything for me.

Comment

I'm still bound to Windows through my work computer, but at home I have gone to a 12"G4 iBook (for the wife and general stuff) and a 19" G5 iMac (for music) - OSX is just so.... seamless! My favourite OS feature (out comes the geek) would have to be spotlight. An internal search engine that you don't have to wait for!!! But really, it JUST works!!!
        Does it follow that I reject all authority? Perish the thought. In the matter of boots, I defer to the authority of the boot-maker.
        Bakunin

Comment

So I guess I'm not the only Mac user around here... I love my iBook.

My favourite OS feature (out comes the geek) would have to be spotlight. An internal search engine that you don't have to wait for!!! But really, it JUST works!!!
          My favorite "trick" is the F9 button. I could just keep pressing it all day and never get tired...

Comment

I've been using a mac for years...

I'm used to using the apple key with shortcuts and such, so I just pushed f9 for the first time...

Perhaps I should push some more of these buttons...

Comment

Had my Mac Mini for 1 1/2 years, and couldn't ask for a more well behaved 'puter. I run it 24/7, and I've had no major issues. Occasionally a program will quit, but not repeatedly. I love how Unix maintains itself, too.

Character, like a photograph, develops in darkness.
              -Yousuf Karsh

Comment

Working...
              X