Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

What's on your desktop?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have a pic of my father with an Atlético de Madrid scarf, in the stadium. I took him to see a match (although he supports F.C. Barcelona )

Comment

My current desktop shows me (standing), The Brother (in front) and our mate Tommy outside the Ataturk Olympic Stadium in Isantbul on 25th May 2005 when Liverpool beat AC Milan in the Champions League final.

Montse is Rafa Benitez's wife and he buys her a new watch every time he wins a European trophy.

I hope our friend Iosu has the same luck Liverpool did that day when Atletico Madrid play Real Madrid in the Champions League final on Satuday. FORCA ATLETICO
      Attached Files

Comment

The papers in UK say Real is paying £70m for Suarez, right? I hope you'll be able to retain him.

Hey, I think we need a football thread.

Comment

Princess IrulanDune_France-1.jpg

Comment

My computer desktop is... [clicks "minimize all" button] looks like the default Fedora 19/KDE blue boxes. I never see it since KDE restores all my windows across reboots, and both displays are full of overlapping windows.

The physical desktop is full of machine parts and paper. [sigh]

Comment

I've changed twice since my last desktop; ahead of last weeks' #DayofDredd I put this up:

but I've now changed back to another DA:Inquisition themed wallpaper:

(The setting seems appropriate given I received my DA Keep Closed Beta invite yesterday.)
              _"For an eternity Allard was alone in an icy limbo where all the colours were bright and sharp and comfortless.
              _For another eternity Allard swam through seas without end, all green and cool and deep, where distorted creatures drifted, sometimes attacking him.
              _And then, at last, he had reached the real world – the world he had created, where he was God and could create or destroy whatever he wished.
              _He was supremely powerful. He told planets to destroy themselves, and they did. He created suns. Beautiful women flocked to be his. Of all men, he was the mightiest. Of all gods, he was the greatest."

Comment

This is my current desktop image. It shows a group of British POWs in Stalag IXc near Bad Sulza in Thüringen. The grumpy looking bugger huddled into his greatcoat, third from the right in the middle row, is my paternal grandfather, Fred.

He was a machine gunner in the 7th Battalion of the Northumberland Fusiliers and was seconded to the 51st Highland Regiment which, along with the French Tenth Army, formed the rear guard at Dunkirk.

He was captured at a Normandy port called St Valery en Caux on June 12th 1940 and spent the rest of the war as a POW.

He was repatriated in 1945 and died 1957 of a heart attack pushing his barrow to his allotment through a snowdrift.

He is my inspiration whenever I feel like the world is getting on top of me. What he, his colleagues and their German counterparts went through puts my poxy little problems into perspective.
                Attached Files

Comment

I have a file of desktop pictures and they are changing after some minutes.
                  But how do I paste pictures here? It says to use http.
                  Do it today!!! It may be illegal tomorrow!!!

Comment

Working...
                  X