Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

Boeing-Bell Osprey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boeing-Bell Osprey

Here!

I was driving back from Dorset today and a whacking great Osprey convertiplane flew over the A31! I haven't got an image hoster, so you'll have to look it up, but these babies rock!

Has anyone else got exciting rotorcraft or V/STOL stories to tell?

Carter? Have you got a picture of an Osprey you can stick up?

Doesn't take much to get me going, I tell ya.

Here's a short from google video, Perdix -

http://video.google.co.uk/videoplay?...20267&q=Osprey

Is that the one you mean? There are a few more if you scroll down the right hand side. Very impressive!
    You see, it's... it's no good, Montag. We've all got to be alike. The only way to be happy is for everyone to be made equal.

-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-

Image Hive :-: Wikiverse :-: Media Hive

:-: Onsite Offerings :-:

"I am an observer of life, a non-participant who takes no sides. I am in the regimented society, but not of it." Moondog, 1964

Comment

Yes, that's the sausage! What fun! Thanks, Guv!
      I didn't know we had any of these knocking around the UK...

Comment

Thanks Adlerian, too!
        Good news on the image thing.

Comment

It's the Royal Internaional Air Tattoo at Fairford, Glos. yesterday and today. Probably a flying visit!
          You see, it's... it's no good, Montag. We've all got to be alike. The only way to be happy is for everyone to be made equal.

-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-

Image Hive :-: Wikiverse :-: Media Hive

:-: Onsite Offerings :-:

"I am an observer of life, a non-participant who takes no sides. I am in the regimented society, but not of it." Moondog, 1964

Comment

I think the Aldershot air show was on today, too - and it's not far from Farnborough, though I don't think there was anything on today - could have been a trial demo or something. I'd buy one if I was at the MoD, but then, I'd have bought the Piasecki Air Jeep and a fleet of Ekranoplanes (probably v cheap now) so I'm not really the best person to assess this sort of thing...

Comment

Just after. It was a weekend of war-machine wackiness. Not only that, but at the hotel I encountered both a dead Poplar Hawk Moth and an extremely alive Hummingbird Hawk Moth, much to the joy of my breakfasting companions as I used the Poplar HM's stiff as a demonstration cadaver to explain the finer points of the HHM's anatomy and proboscis-wielding aerial antics as it hovered over the lavender. Not ideal, but what can you do?

Comment

Working...
              X