Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

Real Media

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Real Media

There was a thread recently where someone told of an alternative to real player but I cannot seem to find the thread. Please can someone tell me what that alternative player is and how I can get my hands on it?
    Thanks!

The program is called Real Alternative, and it can be found here at Major Geeks.
    Yuki says, "Krimson used to be known as Kommando, but he rarely uses that name anymore. Sometimes he appears as Krimson Gray as well. Do not be confused, he still loves cats and bagels."

Comment

Thanks very much I shall download that when I get home.

Comment

Originally posted by Kommando
        The program is called Real Alternative, and it can be found here at Major Geeks.
        How are things in Canada nowadays?

Comment

Well, you know. The snow is thawing, so we're ready to move out of our Igloos and back into the Teepees for the season. Soon, it will be Beaver season, and I look forward to the fresh Backbacon and Maple Syrup... :lol: :lol:

With that said - its actually usually a pretty quiet part of the world. Especially Calgary (except when there is Hockey or Football), where most places are closed by 9 or 10 pm compared with the more enlightened cities along the coastal areas. Of course around here, business is Oil and Beef, or some related business. A friend of mine actually had me considering Ottawa as a place to live, which would probably be a good place for an Anarchist like myself, smack in the middle of the Capital.
          Yuki says, "Krimson used to be known as Kommando, but he rarely uses that name anymore. Sometimes he appears as Krimson Gray as well. Do not be confused, he still loves cats and bagels."

Comment

Gosh Kommy, you make it sound so inviting! And we haven't invaded yet why?
            Don\'t blame me; I voted for Trixitroxi Ro!

Comment

Could be that the last time the US invaded Canada and burned some buildings the retaliation involved Washington being burned. This could be the first war which American won in retrospect... :D

Pre-order or Buy my latest titles in Europe:
              The Whispering Swarm: Book One of the Sanctuary of the White Friars - The Laughter of Carthage - Byzantium Endures - London Peculiar and Other Nonfiction
              Doctor Who: The Coming of the Terraphiles - Kizuna: Fiction for Japan - Modem Times 2.0 - The Sunday Books - The Sundered Worlds

Pre-order or Buy my latest titles in the USA:
              The Laughter of Carthage - Byzantium Endures - London Peculiar and Other Nonfiction - The Sunday Books - Doctor Who: The Coming of the Terraphiles
              Kizuna: Fiction for Japan - The Sundered Worlds - The Winds of Limbo - Modem Times 2.0 - Elric: Swords and Roses

Comment

As long as the Wa you're referring to is DC, I see no problem in trying again!

Comment

Originally posted by Kommando
                  Well, you know. The snow is thawing, so we're ready to move out of our Igloos and back into the Teepees for the season. Soon, it will be Beaver season, and I look forward to the fresh Backbacon and Maple Syrup... :lol: :lol:

With that said - its actually usually a pretty quiet part of the world. Especially Calgary (except when there is Hockey or Football), where most places are closed by 9 or 10 pm compared with the more enlightened cities along the coastal areas. Of course around here, business is Oil and Beef, or some related business. A friend of mine actually had me considering Ottawa as a place to live, which would probably be a good place for an Anarchist like myself, smack in the middle of the Capital.
                  I wonder if the US, in the end, is going to want to Annex canada?

Is Canada still Social Democratic?

Comment

Originally posted by TheAdlerian
                    There's like 40 million people up there right? We can take 'em!
                    For what? Whats the point?

I have really nothing against Americans, it's their rant and ideals i find weird. People everywhere are behaving like spoiled brats.. :lol:

Comment

Originally posted by Theocrat
                      Originally posted by TheAdlerian
                      There's like 40 million people up there right? We can take 'em!
                      I think it was a joke.

I have really nothing against Americans, it's their rant and ideals i find weird.
                      That's a rather broad brush you paint with. Would you care to narrow the target of the source of "rant" and "ideals" you find weird, perhaps? Say, to "the current American government", or do you have some other category you'd like to specify as the target of your (dare I say) rant? Then again, perhaps you are happy with the broadside implications of what your wrote above?

Just curious. It takes a kind of certainty of one's own rightness to hit 260 million people as a group. I doubt they could all be induced to sing the national anthem together, much less claim to agree with this or that "rant" or "ideal."

People everywhere are behaving like spoiled brats.. :lol:
                      No comment.

LSN

Comment

Free sno cones for everybody! Plus, aren't like half of 'em French?

Comment

Nations and characteristics..... a breeding ground for disputes. Like boys and their schools. I had two good friends round to dinner last year, they'd never met. Both big chaps. The conversation got round to the schools everyone had been to and within five minutes these two behemoths were squaring up to each other over the dinner-table.
                          We're all Januses.
                          For example -
                          English:
                          Polite, fair, humorous, poetic.// Cold, ruthless, aggressive, philistine.
                          Or -
                          American:
                          The most naturally welcoming and hospitable people in the Western world
                          versus
                          The lynch mob

And so on, and so forth...

As far as Canada goes, in the summer of '73 I was driven up through Glacier, Montana to the border en route to Calgary. I had hair down to my waist (I'm 6'3") and ten dollars in my pocket. I was given two days to leave Canada. A VW van full of hippies was being strip-searched, at the same border point. The immigration guards all had those mirror shades. When we got to Calgary, the zoo had a depressed polar bear. I got my flight OK and when I arrived back in the UK hitched to a hippy fair in Norfolk where the Global Village Trucking Company were playing.

Comment

The Independent Nation-State of Perdixiana recognises all creeds, races, religions and political viewpoints.

No bloody Chavs* allowed.

*Like Rednecks, but British.

Comment

Poor chavs... You know, some of them can be quite nice once you get to know them.

Comment

Working...
                              X