Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

Obama want's flights to Mars by 2030

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Obama want's flights to Mars by 2030

Ok I know this is old news to some but it's new to me. Is there something signifcant about 2030 like is there a window in this year where Earth is closer to Mars than usual or is Obama just grandstanding making a promise that he dosn't have to keep since he won't be in office in 2030?

He also suggested that he'd make America a carbon-neutral economy by 2040 (or some such date). I'm not anti-Obama by any means, but pinch of salt comes to mind when I hear his more rhetorical speeches!
    forum

1. a meeting or assembly for the open discussion of subjects of public interest
    2. a medium for open discussion, such as a magazine
    3. a public meeting place for open discussion

Comment

Don't know how NASA are gonna pull it off when Obama's government won't throw them a crumb.

Comment

Do the public get to vote on a list of people to send on that first manned mission?

I vote for Tony Blair, David Cameron, Nick Clegg, Obama and the pope.
        Twitter: The system that put paid to the old adage 'politicians only lie when their lips start moving'

Comment

Originally posted by Timberwolf View Post
          Do the public get to vote on a list of people to send on that first manned mission?

I vote for Tony Blair, David Cameron, Nick Clegg, Obama and the pope.
          Think you can have a whole new thread here, Timberwolf.

Better adder MIA-MP - Gordon Brown as it will antagonise Blair as well.
          Papa was a Rolling Stone......

Comment

Can I include a lot of Brazilian politicians in this blessed starship ?

Not a big Obama hater myself, I kind of think he's cool, he just needs to dance with the devil, playing the game to work things out.
            "From time to time I demonstrate the inconceivable, or mock the innocent, or give truth to liars, or shred the poses of virtue.(...) Now I am silent; this is my mood." From Sundrun's Garden, Jack Vance.
            "As the Greeks have created the Olympus based upon their own image and resemblance, we have created Gotham City and Metropolis and all these galaxies so similar to the corporate world, manipulative, ruthless and well paid, that conceived them." Braulio Tavares.

Comment

Working...
            X