Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

Alan Moore Show Pieces box sets finally ship.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alan Moore Show Pieces box sets finally ship.

Only a year late lol. Mine is in the post right now, signed and limited to 200 copies. Anyone else order it?

My copy arrived the other week though I went with the unsigned* (unlimited?) version (£30 pledge). It's a very nice package and well worth the (very long) wait.

*I always figure if I want it signed I've a reasonable chance of catching Alan at a signing... sometime.
    _"For an eternity Allard was alone in an icy limbo where all the colours were bright and sharp and comfortless.
    _For another eternity Allard swam through seas without end, all green and cool and deep, where distorted creatures drifted, sometimes attacking him.
    _And then, at last, he had reached the real world – the world he had created, where he was God and could create or destroy whatever he wished.
    _He was supremely powerful. He told planets to destroy themselves, and they did. He created suns. Beautiful women flocked to be his. Of all men, he was the mightiest. Of all gods, he was the greatest."

Comment

Originally posted by David Mosley View Post
      My copy arrived the other week though I went with the unsigned* (unlimited?) version (£30 pledge). It's a very nice package and well worth the (very long) wait.

*I always figure if I want it signed I've a reasonable chance of catching Alan at a signing... sometime.
      I managed to get the signed one for 50 quid I think. Did you enjoy the films? The signed ones were shipped later due to Lex sending them to Northampton and back for Alan to sign before sending them out.

Comment

Lex Records have a photo of Alan & Mitch signing the DVD sets in their Instagram feed:

Just think, one of these could well be yours, O7 :

As it happens I haven't got around to watching any of the films yet. I wanted to wait until I had the DVD before doing so and since they arrived I've been too busy (or too tired) to sit down and watch them.
        _"For an eternity Allard was alone in an icy limbo where all the colours were bright and sharp and comfortless.
        _For another eternity Allard swam through seas without end, all green and cool and deep, where distorted creatures drifted, sometimes attacking him.
        _And then, at last, he had reached the real world – the world he had created, where he was God and could create or destroy whatever he wished.
        _He was supremely powerful. He told planets to destroy themselves, and they did. He created suns. Beautiful women flocked to be his. Of all men, he was the mightiest. Of all gods, he was the greatest."

Comment

Originally posted by David Mosley View Post
          As it happens I haven't got around to watching any of the films yet.
          I was able to rectify this appalling lapse in judgment over the weekend and found the time (and energy!) to sit down with the DVD and watch all five films plus extras.

Overall, I think the Kickstarter mostly met my expectations - both good and not so good. It's certainly been a long-time in coming but I had prepared myself for the fact that the orginal delivery date was more than likely not going to be met, which seems to be an habitual issue with Kickstarters in general. Ultimately I'm pleased to have been able to support Alan and Mitch (and all their fellow collaborators) in the project and hope it's just the first of many visits to Nighthampton.

Comment

Mine was shipped twelve days ago and still hasn't arrived so I'm starting to get worried

Comment

Lex shop at it again. Despite emailing me and verifying they were sending it to an updated address, they still sent it to my Wife's previous job, luckily one of her former colleagues called her today and let her know so we can go pick it up.

Between this and previous experiences with buying music, I will never shop with lex again.

Comment

I liked the films but
                Last edited by Octo Seven; 10-01-2015, 07:49 PM.

Comment

Working...
                X