Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

Jim Lee

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jim Lee

What does everyone think of Comic Book Artist Jim Lee?

Like his work. Some of his X-Men stuff really standout. I enjoyed the early run of Wildcats but then it seemed like it started losing its direction. I actually met him years ago when he was promoting the release of Wildcats. He was only suppose to sign Wildcats, but he would go ahead and sign anything you put in front of him despite the protest of people that were trying to keep order in the store. Nice fellow :)

Comment

Jim Lee

I think he's ok but not in the same class as say Neal Adams or Jim Steranko. That being said it's probably harder for modern artists to be inovative because so many inovations have already been done so it's more a case of guys like Jim Lee refining what has gone before. Does that make sense?

Comment

He's a nice artist to look at sometimes, but he's not a good writer. He is a good idea man, though. Without him, Wildcats 3.0 would have never existed.

Comment

I'll agree that he's not a very good writer. I enjoy most of his artwork, though. Every now and then, though, I just have to wonder what whackjob editor let some of his stuff through.

~JS...

Comment

Working...
          X