Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

What are you reading/collecting at the moment?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The English Assassin
    replied
    I'm not a huge comic fan but I just ordered the second collection of Fletcher Hanks. Only old comics interest me these days, back before the dreaded comic code, when true auteurs and mavericks were allowed to create their own rules in a new format. If you've not read it, I can truly recommend checking out Hanks' first collection.

Leave a comment:

• Pebble
    replied
    Amazon are doing The Spectre vol. 1 at £7.50 and I couldn't resist.

Leave a comment:

• zlogdan
    replied
    Originally posted by Octo Seven View Post
    Currently on Sandman Volume 7: Brief Lives.
    You are almost reaching issues 50-56, my all time favorite comics probably.

Leave a comment:

• Octo Seven
    replied
    Currently on Sandman Volume 7: Brief Lives.

Leave a comment:

• zlogdan
    replied
    Originally posted by Octo Seven View Post
    I'm currently reading Sandman Volume 6 fables and reflections
    Probably, at least in my opinion the second best arc of issues. Just after World's End.

Leave a comment:

• Octo Seven
    replied
    Originally posted by zlogdan View Post
    Back in 2005 I sold my 76 Sandman issues - plus special editions- because I needed money and I thought I would not regret. 2 months later I started regretting. In 2008 I got a paperback issue of Preludes and Nocturnes part 1 issue. In 2010, part 2. This year I have got a few of the paperback collections:

- Doll's House
    - A game of you
    - Seasons of Mist
    - World's End
    - the kindly ones

Last two were Doll's House and my favorite: World's End.
    I'm currently reading Sandman Volume 6 fables and reflections

Leave a comment:

• zlogdan
    replied
    Back in 2005 I sold my 76 Sandman issues - plus special editions- because I needed money and I thought I would not regret. 2 months later I started regretting. In 2008 I got a paperback issue of Preludes and Nocturnes part 1 issue. In 2010, part 2. This year I have got a few of the paperback collections:

- Doll's House
    - A game of you
    - Seasons of Mist
    - World's End
    - the kindly ones

Last two were Doll's House and my favorite: World's End.

Leave a comment:

• Guzzlecrank
    replied
    Agree with you on both points, Pebble. Aparo's art is what got me reading Detective, The Brave & The Bold...a bunch of stuff. I had decent copies of some of his Stranger issues, but I got rid of them because of flood damage. After that incident, I haven't kept comics in a basement.

Leave a comment:

• Pebble
    replied
    Jim Aparo is an under rated artist and his work on the Phantom Stranger is also very good as well.

Leave a comment:

• Guzzlecrank
    replied
    This week, I finally completed collecting the set of Jim Aparo and Michael Fleisher's "Wrath of The Spectre" series in DC's Adventure Comics. I've always liked how that run resurrected images and story types from Weird Tales and other Great Depression-era pulps.

Leave a comment:

• zlogdan
    replied
    I have just finished The League Of Extraordinary Gentlemen century vol 2 1969. I am completely amazed by this story, a lot more than I was by Century part I: 1910. It was quite hard to go through that complex mobster talking.

I am also working my way on the black dossier, reading it slowly. I actually read everything in comics format and I am reading read all the text-based stuff in small doses. The Black Dossier is not that easy to go through, although it is quite good and mandatory for grasping the new Century series.

Edit: I have just finished Century 2009 and it was superb.

I actually think Moore was less bitter this time.
    Last edited by zlogdan; 10-15-2012, 05:42 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Dave Hardy
    replied
    I recently picked up Red Range, story by Joe Lansdale and art by Sam Glanzman. Lots of violence and twisted humor. I need to check out Lansdale's Jonah Hex stuff some time.

I also got a hold of Jack Jackson's Lost Cause. It's a history of the Sutton-Taylor feud & the life of John Wesley Hardin. If there's any Jaxon fans out there, he needs his own thread. It stirred a bit of controversy when it was published. I have been collecting his Texas history graphic novels fro years now. He got me interested in Texas History Movies, a cartoon history of Texas done back in the 1920s.

Leave a comment:

• zlogdan
    replied
    I have just sold my issues of V For Vendetta and Watchmen. I am not crazy, I have just sold the 5 and 12 editions respectively of those series and bought the single issues paperbacks. Easier to keep in the shelf and read.

Leave a comment:

• Chris T
    replied
    Recent reads:
    • the 2000AD Stainless Steel Rat reprint
    • the first volume of the Strontium Dog trade/reprint
    • B Graham's Prophet reprint/trade
    • the first two Cinebooks Valerian reprints
    • A Moore & I Gibson's The Ballad of Halo Jones reprint
    • C Mieville's Dial H
    • the recoloured Walt Simonson Thor omnibus and
    • more Lee/Kirby Fantastic Four reprints
    Last edited by Chris T; 09-24-2012, 04:32 AM. Reason: I forgot a couple

Leave a comment:

• Guzzlecrank
    replied
    Originally posted by David Mosley View Post
    Black Kiss 2 has been 'banned' in Canada now. (We should note that 'banned' in this context simply means that the distributor (Diamond) are refusing to carry the comic, not that there's been any sort of official sanction from the jurisdictions affected.)
    Couldn't UK and Canadian readers just download the series through a licensed digital distributor like Comixology in the USA (or from some other place where Diamond knees haven't knocked)?

Edit: Also, there's Image's own site for its digital downloads, including BK2: https://comics.imagecomics.com/
    Last edited by Guzzlecrank; 09-10-2012, 07:09 PM. Reason: Shouldn't've kept typing during the Broncos game last night.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X