Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

What are you reading/collecting at the moment?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pietro_Mercurios
    replied
    Will Eisner is definitely one of the true artists in the comic books field.

I'm just thinking about ordering a copy of, Victor: The Best of Alf Tupper, the Tough of the Track, to add to my British comics collection.

Leave a comment:

• zlogdan
    replied
    I had bought it a year ago and always meant to read it but only now I am starting reading Gaiman's "Signal To Noise"... Dave McKean's art is impressive!

Leave a comment:

• The English Assassin
    replied
    You have to treat yourself sometimes, Zlogdan!!! Will Eisner is one of the greats! I never owned much by him, but I've always loved his work.

Leave a comment:

• zlogdan
    replied
    This last weekend I went to a bookstore here in Crapland ( They are a French chain store ) called FNAC. They had lots of Alan Moore, hardcovers, but the cheapest was costing 50 US Dollars ( Tom Strong vol1 and vol2 ). Alan Moore complete DC special stories, around 65. I know I am unemployed and I was weak: I bought a Will Eisner paperback ( Brazilian edition with nice packing ) Life In The Big city for 20 dollars. To my defense, I have wanted to buy this for ages and I could not resist.

Leave a comment:

• The English Assassin
    replied
    Originally posted by Guzzlecrank View Post
    What a scrap!!!

Leave a comment:

• Guzzlecrank
    replied
    Originally posted by Pebble View Post
    Amazon are doing The Spectre vol. 1 at £7.50 and I couldn't resist.
    Faced with great choices recently provided to me by a Lexington (Kentucky) comic seller, neither could I!

Leave a comment:

• Papi
    replied
    En retard

I just begin to read : The Hobbit !

Leave a comment:

• The English Assassin
    replied
    Originally posted by zlogdan View Post
    Back to my hometown I went to a used book/comics store ( we call it Tallow here because the books are supposed to gather a lot of it when they get old ) and I left the place with:

Alan Moore/Alan Davis The Complete D.R. and Quinch
    Howard Chaykin Black Hawk
    Grant Morisson Zenith

Yeah yeah, Zenith is GOOD. Thanks David, EA.

PS: I forgot to tell you I paid 15 dollars for the whole thing!

I love DR & Quinch... I often forget it when I think of Alan Moore, but it's one of the best comics 2000ad ever produced imo!

Leave a comment:

• David Mosley
    replied
    What are you reading/collecting at the moment?

At the risk of getting slightly ahead of myself, in a few short weeks my pull list is going to look like this:
    • 2000AD (weekly newsagent purchase)
    • The Unwritten
    • Batwoman
    • Justice League Dark
    • Animal Man
    • Fury Max: My War Gone By
    • Hellblazer - cancelled as of #300
    • Red Lanterns - dropping 'cos Peter Milligan's off it as of #20
    • Red Hood and the Outlaws -dropped 'cos Kenneth Rocafort left as of #13
    • Swamp Thing - dropping 'cos Scott Snyder & Yanick Panquette are both off it as of #18
    • Judge Dredd Megazine - no longer worth the money to buy regularly, from now on it's going on an ad hoc purchase schedule dependant largely on the 'free' reprint floppy that gets bagged with each issue

So, with the exception of Tooth, that just five comics a month I'm getting. I guess without the New 52 it could be just three but on the whole I think the New 52 has been something of a damp squib in the main. DC need to let of this obsession with '52' and concentrate on producing less titles but more better written/drawn comics. IMO there just isn't enough talent out there to support the number of comics DC are pumping out. As it is, with the tonne of Bat-titles and John Constantine guest appearances coming out each month DC looks more and more like the woeful Marvel of the '90s with its obsession with multiple X-Men comics and Wolverine guest-appearances aimed at inflating under-performing titles. Given that the people running DC now are the same people who were working at/running Marvel in the '90s I guess it shouldn't come as any surprise. :(

(I still need to get round to picking up a copy of Elric: The Balance Lost #12 (preferably with Cover B) sometime; after all the 'hype' at the launch this did kinda fizzle out in the end it seems. (Not a reflection on the quality of the comic, btw just that most online retailers didn't seem to get the final issues in (at least, not at reasonable prices, that is).)

Leave a comment:

• zlogdan
    replied
    Back to my hometown I went to a used book/comics store ( we call it Tallow here because the books are supposed to gather a lot of it when they get old ) and I left the place with:

Alan Moore/Alan Davis The Complete D.R. and Quinch
    Howard Chaykin Black Hawk
    Grant Morisson Zenith

Yeah yeah, Zenith is GOOD. Thanks David, EA.

PS: I forgot to tell you I paid 15 dollars for the whole thing!

Last edited by zlogdan; 12-27-2012, 01:23 PM.

Leave a comment:

• zlogdan
    replied
    Got some second hand, almost new comics:

Gotham City 1889 Brian Augustyn
    Batman master of the future the same
    tom strong , two of them. One looks like volume 1 of the saga and the other is something with ants.
    Deep Blue ( not sure if this is title this way in English) Warren Ellis
    terminal city Dean Motter

I am also re-reading The League Of Extraordinary Gentlemen 1 and 2.

Last edited by zlogdan; 12-20-2012, 12:00 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Chris T
    replied
    Today I finished the Penny Century volume of the Love & Rockets reissues. So good...

One more volume and I can start the "New Stories" series..

Leave a comment:

• The English Assassin
    replied
    Originally posted by Chris T View Post
    I've been meaning to get those Fletcher Hanks collections for ages... The odd Fletcher Hanks stories I've found on blogs are pretty mental.
    I really recommend them. I've just finished the second collection and I have no qualms in saying that this man is a genius! It's made me hungry for more old golden age comic book fun. I've been thinking that this might hit the mark!

Leave a comment:

• zlogdan
    replied
    The Life And Times Of Savior 28, JM DeMatteis and Mike Cavallaro. Superb story so far ( I am on volume 1 ).

Leave a comment:

• Chris T
    replied
    I've been meaning to get those Fletcher Hanks collections for ages... The odd Fletcher Hanks stories I've found on blogs are pretty mental.

Those Adventure Comics Spectre images look great. I'd love to see that stuff reprinted.

The two things I bought are the Metabarons omnibus and the American Flagg vol 1 hardcover.

Anyone else following the Dungeon Quest books by Joe Daly? I love them. It's like a comic book adaptation your daft school D&D campaign but better.

I really like those Richard Corben Edgar Allen Poe adaptations that Dark Horse are putting out. Are these new or reprints? I might stump up for the hardcover collection of stories from Eerie magazine.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X