Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

What are you reading/collecting at the moment?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

About to finish Universe X when the final issues arrive visa ebay next week - and yes, I am a bit late to the party!

Comment

Originally posted by Rothgo View Post
      About to finish Universe X when the final issues arrive visa ebay next week - and yes, I am a bit late to the party!
      Yeah, but at least you caught up. It's worth the read.
      "Self-discipline and self-knowledge are the key. An individual becomes a unique universe, able to move at will through all the scales of the multiverse - potentially able to control the immediate reality of every scale, every encountered environment."
      --Contessa Rose von Bek, Blood part 4, chapter 12

Comment

Originally posted by dasNdanger View Post
        I'm pretty much a mainstream superhero fan. Right now my pull includes:

Invincible Iron Man
        Amazing Spider-Man
        Wolverine (which is becoming Dark Wolverine, featuring Daken his son)
        Weapon X (the new Wolverine title with writer Jason Aaron)
        Wolverine First Class
        Wolverine Origins
        X-Force
        Uncanny X-Men
        New Avengers
        Dark Avengers

And probably something I'm forgetting.

das
        You and I are gonna talk Uncanny after July 8th when the new team comes out. Cloak and Dagger are my favorite charavters, and I am a big fan of Emma and Mimic as well. This new line up looks great.

DRKXMEN001_1680.jpg
        "Self-discipline and self-knowledge are the key. An individual becomes a unique universe, able to move at will through all the scales of the multiverse - potentially able to control the immediate reality of every scale, every encountered environment."

Comment

been reading the Superman, Supergirl, Action Comics. The New Kryptoin / World without Superman run. Its been pretty good but looks like its about to go a little Legion of Super Heroes on me. Has anyone been reading the Batman War for the Cowl story?

Comment

Originally posted by J-Sun View Post
            I'm pretty much a mainstream superhero fan. Right now my pull includes:

Invincible Iron Man
            Amazing Spider-Man
            Wolverine (which is becoming Dark Wolverine, featuring Daken his son)
            Weapon X (the new Wolverine title with writer Jason Aaron)
            Wolverine First Class
            Wolverine Origins
            X-Force
            Uncanny X-Men
            New Avengers
            Dark Avengers

And probably something I'm forgetting.

das
            You and I are gonna talk Uncanny after July 8th when the new team comes out. Cloak and Dagger are my favorite charavters, and I am a big fan of Emma and Mimic as well. This new line up looks great.

DRKXMEN001_1680.jpg
            I'm reading Astonishing X-men, too.

Not sure I'll follow Uncanny unless Wolverine's somewhere in there. Things are getting a bit expensive right now with Marvel's prices going up, and now I've added Uncanny First Class, and X-Men Forever (not sure if they are both on-goings, or what), and then all the one-shots and minis...and I'm going broke!

I gotta say - Wolverine Origins has received a lot of flack over the years, but it continues to be one of my favorite books. It's not all slice and dice like most Wolverine books, but a bit more intrigue and angst.

My lcs is closing, so now I'm getting my books on-line (starting July 1 - there will be a delay). I'm giving a guy I know from Bendis' forum a go - he has a shop down in NC, and I really want to support a brick and mortar outfit if I can. http://acmecomics.com/

das

Comment

Not sure I'll follow Uncanny unless Wolverine's somewhere in there.
              das
              Wolverine's son Daken is in it.

Comment

Originally posted by J-Sun View Post
                Not sure I'll follow Uncanny unless Wolverine's somewhere in there.
                das
                Wolverine's son Daken is in it.
                Oh, okay - yeah, then I am going to be reading it. I actually like Daken sometimes better than his pa, simply because he's SO unpredictable. I love a character you just can't read. However...I prefer such a character to remain in the grey area - villain sometimes, hero sometimes - but never either of the two extremes.

das

Comment

Oh, okay - yeah, then I am going to be reading it. I actually like Daken sometimes better than his pa, simply because he's SO unpredictable. I love a character you just can't read. However...I prefer such a character to remain in the grey area - villain sometimes, hero sometimes - but never either of the two extremes.
                  das
                  I agree. That has been the point of Thunderbolts for the most part, which is why I like that comic, and now Dark Avengers (Thunderbolts part 2) and Uncanny XMen. Don`t get me wrong. I like wonderful good guy teams, but there is something fun about dark antiheroes. It's why we all like Elric, and why I always loved Cloak and Dagger. Cloak was very dark, although they are kind of cleaing up his image and compared to the rest of the XMen team he will be one of the good guys.

Comment

DC comics after buying Impact Comics (Archie Comics action line) almost 20 years ago has repackaged The Mighty Crusaders (1965) in to the Red Circle. DC had put out a Deep Impact story line in 1991 but keep it in the/a Impact Universe. Now they are introducing four "new" characters to the DC Universe in One-Shot Books in August. Hangman (1941), Arson (aka Inferno 1941), The Web (1942), and The Sheild (1940). With means its only a matter of time be for The Return Of The (also 1940)

Comment

Completed collecting :

HellBlazer
                      Dungeon
                      All current 2000AD re-prints by Rebellion
                      HellBoy
                      BPRD
                      Savage Sword of Mr Conan
                      Creepy
                      Eerie
                      Excellent Marvel illustrated classics

And now on to my LOTR arms and armour replicas

Comment

Haven't found a comic store in Andalusia yet, on my last trip back to Glasgow I called in at A1 books and picked up the new Guardians of the Galaxy ( On J-Sun's recommendation!! ), also picked up Amazing Spiderman and Uncanny X-Men. Years ago I had a standing order and my list was massive, most Marvels, lots of DCs, Cerebus however I kind of lost interest during the Ron Perelman time in Marvel when the company nearly went bust and tried everything to make money. I like the new Guardians series and next time I am back am going to ask the guys in A1 books if they will ship here, if not I'll give my Mum a list and have her send them over every three months or so!!!

, [Ok Emerson ...oot the motor !!!!

Comment

Okay, the last 2 issues of Thunderbolts were great! It used to be my favorite comic, until Ellis took it over. Looks like Diggle is getting it back to where it should be.

Captain Britain just ended. Eh. Probably for the best. It was a bit weak. (A shame, as Cornell is such a good writer.)

Comment

Originally posted by Selkirk View Post
                            ambush bug alltime classic... always on the lookout for early badger by mike baron(most underrated comic writer of alltime?)

I recently re-read his run on the Flash with Wally West as the Flash.. Great off the wall stuff. I liked how he had West get (and lose) all the girls too.

Have you seen this interview with Baron?
                            Mike Baron's Coked-Up Heyday

I've been digging the Wednesday Comics weekly broadsheet thing from DC which has been enticing me back into comic shops (also after a long hiatus). The Strange Adventures, Hawkman and the Kamandi strips there are favourites of mine.

I've now started to pick up the new Batwoman series in Detective Comics - the art is lush. The back up story with The Question is great too.

I've been following Ed Brubaker's run on Captain America. I'm not a fan of the Cap but this is solidly written, exciting action comics. I'm keen to check out his Incognito series once it's released as a trade.

I tried a few X-Men First Class trades - which I thoroughly enjoyed, being a fan of the original X-Men team.

I've also started getting into the DMZ trades from Vertigo/DC.

I am also reading the new anthology of old Spider pulps "City of Doom" which although prose, it really reads like a prose comic book. It puts all of the above into context (except maybe X-Men: First Class).

Before I came here just now I read this quote from JG Ballard which can be applied to the Spider stories where the protagonist is an aristocratic mass murderer of "gangsters" whose master-minds inflict catastrophes on Gotham (collapsing sky-scrapers etc) and who deserve the gory fate the Spider inflicts:

"Our societies are driven by conflicting psychopathological impulses. A huge natural catastrophe like Katrina fits perfectly with our fundamentally apocalyptic mood. One has to realize that we live in principally secular societies: God is dead... They are the violent forces that punish us for our immoral lives. That can be very satisfying, so long as one isn’t affected oneself."
                            EDIT: That cover of Comet #1 looks awesome.
                            Last edited by Chris T; 08-29-2009, 08:40 PM. Reason: added images.

Comment

What turned out to be part 2 of "The Making of a Sorceror" graphic book. I picked it up at FanExpo; $1. It seemed like a very good cheeseburger; enjoyable but it went by very quickly. Now to find part 1 and 3.
                              Thick as wind-blown leaves innumerable, since 1985

Comment

Don't forget part 4 while you're at it!

Comment

Working...
                                X