Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

What are you reading/collecting at the moment?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pietro_Mercurios
    replied
    Gave into temptation, Friday. Bought a hard back copy of, Casus - 4. De Grote Zwendel. Set in 1977 in London around the Royal Jubilee. Sex Pistols included.

Also, a soft cover copy of, Wunderwaffen - Zeppelin's War 1. De Nachtraiders. Lots of zeppelin / bi- & tri-plane aerial combat action. Apparently, Hitler has been promoted to Flight Lieutenant in the imperial German air-fleet.

Leave a comment:

• Octo Seven
    replied
    Just read Crossed +100 issue 5. Great stuff, second last issue of Moore's first arc. Goes into the origins of the slightly more civilized crossed capable of raising children without killing and eating them, also asks the interesting question of how a depraved serial killer would react to the Crossed outbreak.

Leave a comment:

• GuyLawley
    replied
    I've been reading
    Dark Reign: The List - a Secret Warriors one-shot from 2009.

Why?
    Because my friend Andy Williams pointed out that it has a reprint of an old Jim Steranko Nick Fury strip from 1968 in the back.

And much to my astonishment, said strip was the uncensored version, in print I think for the first time.

Totally unheralded, unmentioned in the comic in fact.
    By which I mean, the existence of any Steranko reprint therein is not actually mentioned anywhere on the contents page or cover.
    Let alone the historic importance of this very rarely seen art (AFAIK never in fact seen outside of small B&W image see in an old fanzine and twice reproduced online.)

More here:
    www.legionofandy.com
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Pebble
    replied
    Picked up the new series of Hawkeye 2 and 3. Noticed that Garth Ennis was writing the Phantom Eagle in Where Monsters Dwell, ticking two nostalgia boxes.

Also picked up Triskelion by Kathryn Briggs

http://kathrynebriggs.com/

Could be some one to watch out for.

Leave a comment:

• zlogdan
    replied
    Originally posted by Octo Seven View Post
    Currently reading Death: The Deluxe Edition. I like her a lot more than Morpheus, the stories are just great and so is the art.
    Agreed she is a much more likeable character, which is kind of weird hehehe

As for Swamp Thing Volume 4: I remember enjoying the other volumes content but it was like 25 years ago since I last read them. this is the first time I read the arcs of volume 1 to 4 in real format because in the past they were published in Brazil in small format without original colors.

Leave a comment:

• Octo Seven
    replied
    Zlogdan I think Volume 4 was the last truly amazing arc in the series.

Currently reading Death: The Deluxe Edition. I like her a lot more than Morpheus, the stories are just great and so is the art.

Leave a comment:

• zlogdan
    replied
    Finally volume 4 of the Saga Of The Swamp Thing was issued:

Got volume 4 today!

Leave a comment:

• Chris T
    replied
    I picked up the Another Suburban Romance collection by Alan Moore on spec. Not quite what I expected. Not sure if I could recommend it. It was not bad, well written and the artwork is very nice, but it was not exactly pleasant either (and I enjoyed Neonomicon) but, when you've bought your ticket, you take the ride..

I also bought the Grandville Noel book on spec as I loved the other ones. There was a lot of wordy exposition in this one which slowed things down a bit, a lot of anti-religious stuff that has been ruined by bores and bullies like Dawkins and Sam Harris. One of the goodies also says that meat eaters are more intelligent than vegetarians which made me ... I hope Roderick is in the next volume.

I found a cheap copy of the Longshot series TPB by Ann Nocenti and Arthur Adams. This has held up quite well and the digital remastering works.

I am presently working through volume 2 of the Elfquest TPB reprint from Dark Horse. I love this so much. Lots of action but with a light touch and tons of heart.

Leave a comment:

• zlogdan
    replied
    Warren Ellis / Chris Sprouse "Ocean".

After I read it I could not avoid thinking this was a quite entertaining and smart science fiction story which could become a real great movie. Anyway, the plot is very interesting, an ocean in one of Jupiter's moons holding some ancient secrets. Fantastic art, dialogs and characters.

Leave a comment:

• Pietro_Mercurios
    replied
    Originally posted by Jack Of Shadows View Post
    Speaking of cover art, I was looking at a 1st US edition copy of "The Land Leviathan" for sale online and I noticed that the jacket said cover art by The Quay Brothers. Are these the same Quay Brothers that are best known for their surreal stop motion animated short films?
    Fine looking cover. Very much in the spirit of New Worlds, too.

http://www.ioffer.com/i/land-leviath...ine-dj-2285458

Leave a comment:

• zlogdan
    replied
    The second volume of the " Swamp Thing Saga" ( Portuguese ) was finally released here today. Got it!

Leave a comment:

• zlogdan
    replied
    I had the paperback Watchmen now I bought the hardcover definitive edition in Portuguese for half the price.

Leave a comment:

• Octo Seven
    replied
    I'm not a big fan of Manga but I am a huge fan of good psychological horror, therefore the last comics I read were Junji Ito's entire story 'Uzumaki'. A terrifying tale of a small coastal village in Japan who's residents are being terrorized by a Spiral Curse. The artwork is phenomenally good and the slow-paced foreboding atmosphere of the stories really gets under your skin.

Despite being a Japanese horror comic it's not particularly gratuitous and avoids sexual perversion or any kind of suggestive tentacle scenes in favour of a well crafted atmosphere.

I highly recommend this to fans of Lovecraft and Po.

Leave a comment:

• zlogdan
    replied
    Originally posted by David Mosley View Post
    Originally posted by zlogdan View Post
    Next I checked by Von Bek omnibus and Amano was the author of the cover as well! Hehehe Really a great thing to realize...
    The cover artist of the UK Von Bek omnibuses was Mark Reeve. His artwork is reused on the Gollancz omnibus as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sorry my bad ;-)

Leave a comment:

• Pebble
    replied
    Picked up a copy of House Party by Rachael Smith at Gosh

http://rachaelsmithillustration.blog...lcaf-2014.html

Leave a comment:

Working...
X