Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

What are you reading/collecting at the moment?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fammann
    replied
    I love Akira. I'm contemplating buying the Saga Omnibus. Everyone is raving about it, but I never actualy read Saga.

Leave a comment:

• danskmacabre
    replied
    Collecting/reading the Akira Graphics novel/books.
    I own/have read the first 3 so far.
    Really interesting to read the books to see how much the Anime cartoon was cut down.

Leave a comment:

• zlogdan
    replied
    I have just acquired the Saga Compendium, a massive ~1200 pages paperback. I had read it in the digital format ( I now have an amazon fire 7 ) and loved it. I am also, buying the Sandman 30 years celebration reissues in Portuguese.

Leave a comment:

• Wolfshead
    replied
    Was reading hardcover compilations of Sandman and Witchblade before I got laid up. Annoyed with Witchblade because there are crossovers with other comics that are not in the compilation so I got left hanging in places. Also picked up a glossy Dr. Strange, loved all those psychedelic pages from back in the day.

Leave a comment:

• zlogdan
    replied
    I have the Brazilian softcover 2 volumes version of "the Adventures of Luther Arkwright". Both Mike and Alan Moore wrote introductions to these ones I have.

Leave a comment:

• Pebble
    replied
    Originally posted by Pietro_Mercurios View Post
    One of my son's friends gave him a copy of, The Adventures of Luther Arkwright (the ed. with Mike's introduction). He was so pleased he SMS'd me to let me know. I'm quite pleased, because it's years since I read it, although I do have a copy of, Heart of Empire, so this is my chance to read it again.
    Amazingly, I have the large format books 1 and 2, but never got the full set. Need to catch up.

Surrey Library is doing me proud - X-men: The Adventures of Cyclops and Phoenix (the origin of Cable and following series) and then Jonah Hex - Shadows West (the Truman series)

Leave a comment:

• Pietro_Mercurios
    replied
    One of my son's friends gave him a copy of, The Adventures of Luther Arkwright (the ed. with Mike's introduction). He was so pleased he SMS'd me to let me know. I'm quite pleased, because it's years since I read it, although I do have a copy of, Heart of Empire, so this is my chance to read it again.

Leave a comment:

• Vazkar Asquinol
    replied
    Just received "The First Confessor" hardcover.
    My Terry Goodkind indulgence...

Sent from my MB855 using Tapatalk 2

Leave a comment:

• Octo Seven
    replied
    I think that's part of the same Marvel series that includes Moore's Captain Britain.

Leave a comment:

• zlogdan
    replied
    The family and I went to Walmart this Saturday while I was paying for some Manga my youngest kid loves I saw Gaiman/Kubert 1602

I really loved it. It is one of the finest comics Gaiman wrote after Sandman. It sort of mixes Sandman/American Gods ideas with X-Men and Marvel. Superb.

Leave a comment:

• Octo Seven
    replied
    The Simon/Kirby one is 350 pages! and deluxe sized. Spirit is 200 pages. By strange coincidence both volumes happen to have intros by the legendary Dave Gibbons.

Leave a comment:

• zlogdan
    replied
    Originally posted by Octo Seven View Post
    Two great finds today.

A massive Joe Simon Jack Kibry sci fi omnibus hardcover (20 dollars!)

And a beautiful Will Eisner Spirit Archive volume 2 hardcover covering January to June 1941 (30 dollars)

WOW WOW

Congrats! I envy you so bad!

Leave a comment:

• Octo Seven
    replied
    Two great finds today.

A massive Joe Simon Jack Kibry sci fi omnibus hardcover (20 dollars!)

And a beautiful Will Eisner Spirit Archive volume 2 hardcover covering January to June 1941 (30 dollars)

Leave a comment:

• Octo Seven
    replied
    Junji Ito - Fragmenrts of Horror

Fairly excellent short story anthology in hardcover format. The stories vary in quality but the art is always a+ with Ito and there are several really good stories in there too. Great book to have on the subway due to the brevity of the tales and the detailed art.

Leave a comment:

• Pietro_Mercurios
    replied
    Bought a copy of, Spike: A Dark Place (Season 9 of BtVS), today. Fun stuff from the peroxide vampire and fills in a few gaps in Season 9 of Buffy.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X