Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

What are you reading/collecting at the moment?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Talisant
    replied
    Heroes #s 1, 2, & 3.

http://www.nbc.com/Heroes/novels/

Leave a comment:

• Hawksun
    replied
    I've slowly being getting into comics ever since I got V for Vendetta, after seeing the movie version (mainly because it had Natalie Portman in it). I've also started collecting the Rurouni Kenshin manga series about a retired samurai assassin in late 19th century Japan. Yesterday, I found a RK wall calender, so I decided to get the first volume of Neil Gaiman's Sandman as well, which I've wanted to read since I got Good Omens, a novel co-authored by Gaiman and another of my favourite authors, Terry Pratchett.

Leave a comment:

• Reinart der Fuchs
    replied
    I'm trying to get back into comics at the moment and the two notable titles I've picked up are:
    • Conan
    • V for Vendetta
    • Shrugged
    I guess V is a graphic novel. Conan looked interesting, but I was disappointed. Shrugged looks great and seems like it has some potential. Just like the decisions decisions smilie , a baby is born and is assigned an angel and devil to influence his life. I read issue 0 and plan to get 1 & 2.

I'm investigating stuff I've never read before, because the Hulk and Spiderman stories just look weak to me. I'm up for reccommendations. I need some reading material for the train.

Leave a comment:

• David Mosley
    started a topic What are you reading/collecting at the moment?

What are you reading/collecting at the moment?

We have one of these threads in other forums so I thought we might as well have one here as well. :)

Currently my 'Standing Order' list looks something like this:
    • 2000AD [on subscription]
    • Judge Dredd Megazine [on subscription]
    • All-Star Superman (Morrigan Snort/Frank Quitely)
    • Hawkgirl (Walt Simonson/Howard Chaykin)
    • Thrud the Barbarian* (Carl Critchlow)
    • Elric: The Making of a Sorcerer (MM/Walt Simonson)
    • A Man Called Kev (Garth Ennis/Carlos Ezquerra) [due July]
    • WildCATS: Worldstorm (Morrigan Snort/Jim Lee) [due Sept]
    • Wonder Woman (Allan Heinberg/Terry Dodson)
    • Hellboy* (Mike Mignola)
    • The Eternals (Neil Gaiman/John Romita Jr.)
    • League of Extraordinary Gentlemen: Black Dossier [due Sept]
    * Whenever a new issue/mini-series comes out. ;)

I've got Alan Moore's Lost Girls on order from Amazon US, 'cos I'm not yet convinced it's going to get a distribution deal in the UK (due to Gt. Ormand Street's copyright deal).

When I compare what I'm buying now with what I used to get 10+ years ago there's quite a difference. Back then I was getting all the Superman titles, the main Batman titles, Wonder Woman, Sandman, Sandman Mystery Theatre, Cerebus, Hellblazer, Swamp Thing, The Spectre, The Flash, JLA, Spawn, WildCATS, Supreme, Danger Girl, and a slew of other titles. A decision to cut back on comics has meant that the number of ongoing titles I buy now are few and far between and on the whole my preference is for mini- or finite series.

What are other people reading at the moment? Is there anything you'd recommend to others?
Working...
X