Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

What are you reading/collecting at the moment?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by David Mosley View Post
    My current comics 'pull list' consists of:
    • Anything by Howard Chaykin
    Recently read and rather liked Chaykin's work for The Swords of Heaven, The Flowers of Hell. The only thing that sort of rankled was Chaykin's depiction of Erekose, which vaguely bothered me as oddly familiar and somehow Hollywood or Prince Valiant or something of the sort. It all came together when I read the afterward and learned he was modeled on Burt Lancaster.

Comment

• I am reading Hawkeye by Matt Fraction, which is fantastic. I am not sure what to read next, but perhaps it will be Concrete vol. 2, which is low paced and requires relaxation and I am not in the mood but I love the art and text by Paul Chadwick. I also got two Creepy omnibuses with the works of two deceased genius Bernie Wrightson and Alex Toth and The Adventures of Luther Arkwright and its sequel Heart of Empire.
      All digital comics
      "From time to time I demonstrate the inconceivable, or mock the innocent, or give truth to liars, or shred the poses of virtue.(...) Now I am silent; this is my mood." From Sundrun's Garden, Jack Vance.
      "As the Greeks have created the Olympus based upon their own image and resemblance, we have created Gotham City and Metropolis and all these galaxies so similar to the corporate world, manipulative, ruthless and well paid, that conceived them." Braulio Tavares.

Comment

• Originally posted by Heresiologist View Post

Recently read and rather liked Chaykin's work for The Swords of Heaven, The Flowers of Hell. The only thing that sort of rankled was Chaykin's depiction of Erekose, which vaguely bothered me as oddly familiar and somehow Hollywood or Prince Valiant or something of the sort. It all came together when I read the afterward and learned he was modeled on Burt Lancaster.
        Immediately thought of Lancaster's turn in, 'The Crimson Pirate. ' That's a great movie. Lancaster's at the peak of his physical prowess & he's ably aided & abetted by his old acrobat partner, Nick Cravat! Lancaster started out as an acrobat & circus performer with Cravat.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pietro_Mercurios View Post
          Immediately thought of Lancaster's turn in, 'The Crimson Pirate. ' That's a great movie. Lancaster's at the peak of his physical prowess & he's ably aided & abetted by his old acrobat partner, Nick Cravat! Lancaster started out as an acrobat & circus performer with Cravat.
          Ah! Thanks for that. Looks swashbuckling. I'll ask if they have it at the local vid store.

In a strange turn of synchronicity I've been looking around a bit for another Lancaster vehicle because I was hoping to rewatch the 1977 Island of Doctor Moreau. So far, I've only managed to see Island of Lost Souls and wonder if I need to rewatch the Kilmer/Brando Moreau.

More on topic, I'm currently reading Joe Sacco's Paying the Land. It's rather amazing, like a long, unflinching documentary in comic form.

Comment

Working...
          X