Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you!
See more
See less

What are you reading/collecting at the moment?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I`m waiting on the new Julien Blondel Elric graphic novel being published in english , the first three are amazing , I`m really looking forward to it , I have pre ordered it on the book depository .

, [Ok Emerson ...oot the motor !!!!

Comment

• EDIT: Oops! Wrong forum/thread.

Here's the appropriate post: https://www.multiverse.org/forum/the...591#post427591
      Last edited by EverKing; 02-05-2020, 08:24 AM.
      "In omnibus requiem quaesivi, et nusquam inveni nisi in angulo cum libro"
      --Thomas a Kempis

Comment

• I recently read The Man Who Fell To Earth...quite a sad story .

, [Ok Emerson ...oot the motor !!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by white wolf's son View Post
          I recently read The Man Who Fell To Earth...quite a sad story .
          Is that the same as the film starring David Bowie? I never knew there was a graphic novel.
          "He found a coin in his pocket, flipped it. She called: 'Incubus!'
          'Succubus,' he said. 'Lucky old me.'" - Michael Moorcock The Final Programme

Comment

• Originally posted by Jack Of Shadows View Post

Is that the same as the film starring David Bowie? I never knew there was a graphic novel.
            Looks like another "Oops! Wrong forum/thread" situation, Jack.

To put things back on the correct rails I'll mention that I just finished William Gibson's Alien 3 collection. It seems to be getting mostly poor reviews, but I liked it well enough. However, a big part of that is due to him telling me about working on the script for Alien 3 back when I met him while he was out promoting Mona Lisa Overdrive (he was 2nd or 3rd listed on a bill featuring MM-non-favourite DM Thomas and a husband and wife local history team). So I've long been curious about what he actually produced.

I remember him saying he wanted lots of space and spaceships and was surprised when the studio wanted a rewrite because they said it would be too expensive. He figured they could do spaceships the way Star Trek: Next Gen was doing them at the time. I'm also pretty sure he said he was working on the third rewrite.

Getting back to the story though, I thought it showed a number of John Carpenter's The Thing influences as well as some stuff that seems prototypical for the Alien 3 creature as well as Alien 4's "baby" creature.

Comment

• My current comics 'pull list' consists of:
              • 2000AD
              • Judge Dredd Megazine
              • Harley Quinn (mainly for the Frank Cho covers)
              • The Question: The Deaths of Vic Sage
              • Isola
              • Monstress
              • The Old Guard
              • Conan the Barbarian
              • Guardians of the Galaxy
              • The Immortal Hulk
              • Valkyrie Jane Foster
              • [Cerebus in Hell? One-Shots]
              • From Hell Master Edition
              • Heartbeat
              • Ragnarok
              • Red Sonja: Age of Chaos
              • Tank Girl / Tank Girl Full Colour Classics
              • Vampirella
              • Vampirella Replica Edition magazines
              Series currently on hiatus but which I will add to my list when they recommence are:
              • Black Magick
              • Faithless
              • The Fix
              • Anything by Howard Chaykin
              _"For an eternity Allard was alone in an icy limbo where all the colours were bright and sharp and comfortless.
              _For another eternity Allard swam through seas without end, all green and cool and deep, where distorted creatures drifted, sometimes attacking him.
              _And then, at last, he had reached the real world – the world he had created, where he was God and could create or destroy whatever he wished.
              _He was supremely powerful. He told planets to destroy themselves, and they did. He created suns. Beautiful women flocked to be his. Of all men, he was the mightiest. Of all gods, he was the greatest."

Comment

Working...
              X