Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you!
See more
See less

What are you reading/collecting at the moment?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just received "The First Confessor" hardcover.
    My Terry Goodkind indulgence...

Sent from my MB855 using Tapatalk 2
    "An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life." -Robert A. Heinlein

"If I accept you as you are, I will make you worse; however, if I treat you as though you are what you are capable of becoming, I will help you become that." -Johann Wolfgang Goethe

"Man once surrendering his reason, has no remaining guard against absurdities the most monstrous, and like a ship without rudder, is the sport of every wind." -Thomas Jefferson

Comment

• One of my son's friends gave him a copy of, The Adventures of Luther Arkwright (the ed. with Mike's introduction). He was so pleased he SMS'd me to let me know. I'm quite pleased, because it's years since I read it, although I do have a copy of, Heart of Empire, so this is my chance to read it again.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pietro_Mercurios View Post
        One of my son's friends gave him a copy of, The Adventures of Luther Arkwright (the ed. with Mike's introduction). He was so pleased he SMS'd me to let me know. I'm quite pleased, because it's years since I read it, although I do have a copy of, Heart of Empire, so this is my chance to read it again.
        Amazingly, I have the large format books 1 and 2, but never got the full set. Need to catch up.

Surrey Library is doing me proud - X-men: The Adventures of Cyclops and Phoenix (the origin of Cable and following series) and then Jonah Hex - Shadows West (the Truman series)
        Papa was a Rolling Stone......

Comment

• I have the Brazilian softcover 2 volumes version of "the Adventures of Luther Arkwright". Both Mike and Alan Moore wrote introductions to these ones I have.
          "From time to time I demonstrate the inconceivable, or mock the innocent, or give truth to liars, or shred the poses of virtue.(...) Now I am silent; this is my mood." From Sundrun's Garden, Jack Vance.
          "As the Greeks have created the Olympus based upon their own image and resemblance, we have created Gotham City and Metropolis and all these galaxies so similar to the corporate world, manipulative, ruthless and well paid, that conceived them." Braulio Tavares.

Comment

• Was reading hardcover compilations of Sandman and Witchblade before I got laid up. Annoyed with Witchblade because there are crossovers with other comics that are not in the compilation so I got left hanging in places. Also picked up a glossy Dr. Strange, loved all those psychedelic pages from back in the day.
            herb

Man spends his time on devising a more idiot proof computer. The universe spends its time devising bigger idiots. So far the universe is winning.

http://www.wolfshead.net/wolfshowl

http://www.wolfshead.net/books

Comment

• I have just acquired the Saga Compendium, a massive ~1200 pages paperback. I had read it in the digital format ( I now have an amazon fire 7 ) and loved it. I am also, buying the Sandman 30 years celebration reissues in Portuguese.
              "From time to time I demonstrate the inconceivable, or mock the innocent, or give truth to liars, or shred the poses of virtue.(...) Now I am silent; this is my mood." From Sundrun's Garden, Jack Vance.
              "As the Greeks have created the Olympus based upon their own image and resemblance, we have created Gotham City and Metropolis and all these galaxies so similar to the corporate world, manipulative, ruthless and well paid, that conceived them." Braulio Tavares.

Comment

• Collecting/reading the Akira Graphics novel/books.
                I own/have read the first 3 so far.
                Really interesting to read the books to see how much the Anime cartoon was cut down.

Comment

• I love Akira. I'm contemplating buying the Saga Omnibus. Everyone is raving about it, but I never actualy read Saga.

Comment

• Originally posted by fammann View Post
                    I love Akira. I'm contemplating buying the Saga Omnibus. Everyone is raving about it, but I never actualy read Saga.
                    Some time ago I bought the first two collected issues on Comixology Then a few months later I decided to read it. Well, this has got me really broke because after finishing volume2 I just had to buy everything else. I think I read the whole thing in two or three days.

This was my last Christmas present:
                    fetch?photoid=427069.jpg

This is what I wrote on Goodreads after finishing it:

If you don't want to spend a weekend reading 9 collected issues and nearly become broke in the process ( thank you Comixology) don't start reading volume 1 out of curiosity. Jokes apart and good humor left behind, I can't say I did not love this amazing mashup of Parenthood 101, Moonshadow, Farscape, Star Wars well-titled Saga, it is empirically proved that I thought this awesome. More to come in later reviews.
                    By the way, Y: The Last Man, by the same author Brian K Vaughan, suffers from the same "problem". Don't start reading unless you want to do anything else at the weekend. ;-)

Comment

• I remember really enjoying watching the Akira cartoon many years ago and it blew me Away.
                      30 years Later, I finally got the graphic novels.
                      I love the art. Not super detailed, but really portrays the mood of the story well.
                      So interesting to read the full backstory.

Comment

• Originally posted by danskmacabre View Post
                        I remember really enjoying watching the Akira cartoon many years ago and it blew me Away.
                        30 years Later, I finally got the graphic novels.
                        I love the art. Not super detailed, but really portrays the mood of the story well.
                        So interesting to read the full backstory.
                        That sounds really interesting. I really liked the movie and picked it up recently on DVD at a thrift store for a crazy .99 cents. I haven't got around to re-watching it yet, but will probably squeeze a screening in this week. The graphic novels sound cool that they go in to more depth than the film.
                        "He found a coin in his pocket, flipped it. She called: 'Incubus!'
                        'Succubus,' he said. 'Lucky old me.'" - Michael Moorcock The Final Programme

Comment

• Originally posted by Lankar Shrae View Post
                          SS of Conan Omnibus
                          I managed to score a pile of old SS sword of Conan comics at a 2nd hand book store really cheap a couple months back.
                          It's been fun reading these from time to time.

Comment

• Originally posted by danskmacabre View Post

I managed to score a pile of old SS sword of Conan comics at a 2nd hand book store really cheap a couple months back.
                            It's been fun reading these from time to time.
                            I have seen a new collection of black and white hardcovers being published here every 15 days and I bought the first volume because the price was 2,5 Dollars but the other issues cost 3 times that so I can't afford them. I was never crazy about the books but I have always liked the comics a lot when I was in my teens. I had a friend that bought every single issue he saw

But the thing is awesome:

https://assinepanini.com.br/conan/in...t=&Versao_txt=

Here is a pic of the whole thing, makes one wonder about the joys rich people have access hahaha :-)

hero.png

Comment

• Originally posted by zlogdan View Post

I have seen a new collection of black and white hardcovers being published here every 15 days and I bought the first volume because the price was 2,5 Dollars but the other issues cost 3 times that so I can't afford them. I was never crazy about the books but I have always liked the comics a lot when I was in my teens. I had a friend that bought every single issue he saw

But the thing is awesome:

Here is a pic of the whole thing, makes one wonder about the joys rich people have access hahaha :-)
                              WOW The collection looks amazing all displayed together like that!

"He found a coin in his pocket, flipped it. She called: 'Incubus!'
                              'Succubus,' he said. 'Lucky old me.'" - Michael Moorcock The Final Programme

Comment

• Originally posted by zlogdan View Post

Yeah Wow, that IS impressive.
                                I probably wouldn't throw that sort of money at something like that, but it DOES look very cool.
                                I enjoy just picking up an old Conan comic every now and then and reading it for fun.

Comment

Working...
                                X