Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

What are you reading/collecting at the moment?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mr. Coyote
    replied
    been reading the Superman, Supergirl, Action Comics. The New Kryptoin / World without Superman run. Its been pretty good but looks like its about to go a little Legion of Super Heroes on me. Has anyone been reading the Batman War for the Cowl story?

Leave a comment:

• J-Sun
    replied
    Originally posted by dasNdanger View Post
    I'm pretty much a mainstream superhero fan. Right now my pull includes:

Invincible Iron Man
    Amazing Spider-Man
    Wolverine (which is becoming Dark Wolverine, featuring Daken his son)
    Weapon X (the new Wolverine title with writer Jason Aaron)
    Wolverine First Class
    Wolverine Origins
    X-Force
    Uncanny X-Men
    New Avengers
    Dark Avengers

And probably something I'm forgetting.

das
    You and I are gonna talk Uncanny after July 8th when the new team comes out. Cloak and Dagger are my favorite charavters, and I am a big fan of Emma and Mimic as well. This new line up looks great.

DRKXMEN001_1680.jpg

Leave a comment:

• J-Sun
    replied
    Originally posted by Rothgo View Post
    About to finish Universe X when the final issues arrive visa ebay next week - and yes, I am a bit late to the party!
    Yeah, but at least you caught up. It's worth the read.

Leave a comment:

• Rothgo
    replied
    About to finish Universe X when the final issues arrive visa ebay next week - and yes, I am a bit late to the party!

Leave a comment:

• dasNdanger
    replied
    I'm pretty much a mainstream superhero fan. Right now my pull includes:

Invincible Iron Man
    Amazing Spider-Man
    Wolverine (which is becoming Dark Wolverine, featuring Daken his son)
    Weapon X (the new Wolverine title with writer Jason Aaron)
    Wolverine First Class
    Wolverine Origins
    X-Force
    Uncanny X-Men
    New Avengers
    Dark Avengers

And probably something I'm forgetting.

das

Leave a comment:

• Frankish Philosopher
    replied
    Let's see...right now my current list would be:

X-Factor (volume 1)
    Elric (the First Comics series)
    The Mighty Thor

Leave a comment:

• J-Sun
    replied
    Ms. Marvel is now featuring Karla Sofen, aka. Moonstone, aka. Meteorite. That has me pretty happy.

But bigger yet...
    New Uncanny X-Men line-up is set to be: Emma Frost, Prof. X, Namor, Cloak, Dagger, Mimic?, Wolverine?, and someone else who wears an Omega on his chest. Okay. That looks like fun.

Leave a comment:

• David Mosley
    replied
    I finished off my run of Howard Chaykin illustrated Punisher War Journals this week (although annoyingly a page had got torn during the printing/binding process of PWJ #25 - and when I say 'torn' I mean three-quaters of it was missing(!) - so I'll have to source another copy sometime. (What survived hadn't been stapled into the comic either, which is why I think it's a production error, but I digress...)).

Seeing as how I've been without a comic retailer since the New Year on a trip up to London last week I was able to pick up the last three issues of Wonder Woman I've missed out on, as well as the last couple of months worth of Hellblazer, The Mighty and Glamourpuss. Also issue 1 of Dark Reign Elektra; not sure about that one yet, might have to give it another issue before I decide whether it's worth collecting. (Still only five issues though so...)

Sadly couldn't find a copy of R.E.B.E.L.S. #2 so I've sourced that from eBay, along with the first three issues of The Sandman: Dream Hunters, Hellblazer #251 (Peter Milligan's debut scripted issue) and Punisher War Zone #5 by the clasic team of Ennis & Dillon.

No sign online yet of PWZ #6 or Ambush Bug Year None #6, so I'm not sure whether they've been published yet although they should both have been out by now. Just have to keep looking I guess.
    Last edited by David Mosley; 04-12-2009, 05:07 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Selkirk
    replied
    ambush bug ftw...

ambush bug alltime classic... always on the lookout for early badger by mike baron(most underrated comic writer of alltime?)

Leave a comment:

• Mr. Coyote
    replied
    just got a box of F4 there best of vol. 3-4 1-6 in there Marvel Knight run 1-6 + ann. in there ultamate run and about 20 random issues from the mid 200s

Leave a comment:

• Wolfshead
    replied
    The Essential Dr. Strange, Vol. 2. Unfortunately it's in B&W so half the pleasure of the psychedelic artwork from back in the day is gone.

herb

Leave a comment:

• Starsailor
    replied
    Just finished reading the first two TPB's of "The Sword" by The Luna Brothers ( Image Comics ) .... it's a pretty good read! It's set in present-day but has lots of flash backs as well.

Umbrella Academy from Dark Horse is a pretty good read as well. Super Heroes but with a dysfunctional family twist to it.

Walking Dead ( also from Image Comics ) is a good read. Great character development, although sometimes it's hard to keep track of the large cast.

Leave a comment:

• J-Sun
    replied
    Collecting:

Uncanny X-Men - It's so-so these days since they moved to San Fancisco, which took the preachy mutants-are-just-like-gays thing a bit over the top for me. Maybe Nancy Pelosi will pop up in X-Men.
    X-Men Legacy - Better than I expected. Really it's mostly focusing on Xavier and Gambit these days. I like Gambit a lot, so good for me.
    X-Factor - Been consistently good, but is now suffering from a lack of direction. Looks to be good in the future, though, as they are bringing back Father John Madrox soon.
    X-Force - Surprisingly good. Maybe one of the best comics out there. Solid writing, incredible art, and great characters.
    Exiles - Okay, so New Exiles is ending because Claremont wrote another title ino the ground. They are starting the team over (a 3rd iteration) with Blink and a bunch of new people. We'll see.
    Captain Britain and MI13 - I had high hopes for this series, but Paul Cornell is not keeping up as well as I had hoped. Maybe a Tardis would help the storyline out.
    Thunderbolts - All new team. This batch now has NO redeeming characters on it. So now I just read it, looking forward to Osborn and the new team getting their @$$es kicked. Shame when you look forward to the heroes dying.
    Dark Avengers - Has the potential for bein the first Bendis comic I might like. What happened to the previous team of Thunderbolts? They got promoted. This has some potential, but for the same reason as the Thunderbolts: because we want them to fail.
    Ms. Marvel - And Moonstone is taking over Carol Danvers' title. It stood to reason. As I like Moonstone, I have hopes for this version.
    Guardians of the Galaxy - Half of the members of the Infinity Watch, half of the charm. The comic is really trying to find itself in the wake of Annihilation. Still, the characterization and dialog is pretty snappy, so it wins on the whole.
    War of Kings/Kingbreaker - So far Marvel's cosmic stuff is infinitely better than the claptrap Bendis feeds us with such losers as Secret Invasion and Civil War. Far better storyarcs, and hey, they keep bringing back lame characters like Darkhawk and Starlord and making them cool.
    Kull - It's a hack-and-slash Robert Howard story. It gives you what you expect, and is good for that reason. Not pretentious.

Leave a comment:

• McNevin
    replied
    In the Late Arrival category, I just began reading The Goon. Incredibly funny & anarchic, dark & twisted, and makes me laugh very hard. Brilliant art too!

I also just got turned on to a web comic (a whole new world to me) called The Abominable Charles Christopher.

Leave a comment:

• J-Sun
    replied
    Just picked up the Essential Ant-Man volume 1 (and there is no volume 2, sadly), reprinting all the old Hank Pym stories from Tales to Astonish, 35 through 65 or thereabouts, when comics cost 12 cents. Good good stuff. Gotta love those old tales. Really looking forward to the Antman movie supposedly in the works, and Avengers movie.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X