Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

What are you reading/collecting at the moment?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• J-Sun
    replied
    Marvel:
    Thunderbolts (consistently good)
    X-Men Legacy (consistently good)
    FF (giving this a shot. it's a bit heavy, but not bad.)
    Cloak & Dagger limited. (brilliant!!!)

DC: Well, with the new 52 titles, this is what I am down for:
    Green Lantern: new Guardians (because I like Glomulus and St. Walker, and i want to find out what's up with Larfleeze)
    Suicide Squad (I like King Shark, and the rest of the team aint bad)
    Justice League Dark (Constantine and Shade on the same team? Win!)
    Justice League International (great line-up, other than Batman, who suffers from Wolverine syndrome and is in too many places at once)

Leave a comment:

• Pebble
    replied
    Zatanna issue 15, which I picked up on Sunday at FP.

Lovely covers and thankfully the interior art is good as well. Just a good solid read without a lot of continuity.

Leave a comment:

• Wolfshead
    replied
    Just ordered the Witchblade Compendiums, Vols 1 & 2. Enjoyed the show and the anime so figured I'd give the base material a try. Also reading various maga laying around here among them Bleach, FMA, Claymore and Cowboy Bebop Finally got around to finishing my Essential Dr Strange a few weeks ago. Still sorry I didn't look for a color version of that, the psychedelic artwork being half the joy of reading that series
    Last edited by Wolfshead; 08-27-2011, 04:11 PM.

Leave a comment:

• lemec
    replied
    I have ordered Elric, The Balance Lost, issues one and two. I should have them very soon. I plan to really enjoy them.

Leave a comment:

• Nalga
    replied
    I'm reading 1969 by Alan Moore, and Elric, the Balance Lost #2, by BOOM! comics.
    Last edited by Nalga; 09-14-2011, 04:39 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Pebble
    replied
    I'm going to re-read it along with 1910 as the read felt disjointed at first. It was ticking all the boxes, colouring was superb, O'neil artwork great, spotting characters and thinking was Berwick street really like that, but could just can't put my finger on why.

Leave a comment:

• David Mosley
    replied
    I don't know, what didn't work for you exactly? Myself, I liked it better than the 1910 episode, which didn't really seem to go anywhere (being mostly about the setting up the pieces on the board for the next two episodes) and the ending was very dark and downbeat (though the transition from 1969 to 1977 was actually very effective imo) so I can see how one might feel 'down' after finishing it.

There have been a few online reviews that have somehow failed to fall fawning at Big Al's feet so, no, not everyone has been unanimous in their reception of Century: 1969. Some have even called it 'The Empire Strikes Back of the trilogy', though they don't seem to mean that as a compliment.

'League of Extraordinary Gentlemen: Century, 1969': The Story Isn't There
    Last edited by David Mosley; 08-02-2011, 01:01 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Pebble
    replied
    Am I the only one to be disappointed by LOEG - 1969

Leave a comment:

• Rothgo
    replied
    Tried American Vampire David? I've only read the first volume, but as good as The Unwritten is/was*, I still preferred a bunch of biters.

*Note; I've only read vol. two of the unwritten.

Leave a comment:

• David Mosley
    replied
    Updating my current regulars:
    • The Unwritten (the best comic of the last two years)
    • glamourpuss (the second best comic of the last two years)
    • Hellblazer (for as long as Milligan writes it)
    • 2000AD
    • Judge Dredd Megazine
    • The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen (as and when it comes out)
    • Elric: The Balance Lost
    • Jennifer Blood
    • Batwoman (whenever it eventually comes out)

Plus Dodgem Logic (seriously the best magazine of the last two years) which doesn't really count as a 'comic' (and is currently on hiatus) but it will be a 'regular title' for as long as Alan decides to publish it.

Leave a comment:

• Pebble
    replied
    Picked up Showcase present Enemy Ace.

Even though, it is in b&w, there is some fantastic Joe Kubert artwork, this is definitely worth the money.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/1...=1AAWIKYT44I5T

Interestingly, Amazon is showing that the Doc Savage marvel magazine are now in reprint.

Leave a comment:

• Chris T
    replied
    Originally posted by Pebble View Post
    Originally posted by Chris T View Post
    I'm hanging out for the Man-Thing Omnibus so I can read them in colour. <insert Man-Thing size related joke here>
    Intriguingly, some of them are in B&W from Marvel Magazine line, some interesting work, there like the Doc Savage, which worked well and the Incredible Hulk.
    Dammit. That complicates things a bit.

Stuff that's been floating my boat recently:

DC Universe: The Stories of Alan Moore
    Continuing my Alan Moore kick since the Neonomicon series finished, this is great. I'm almost ashamed to admit that I had not read 'For the Man who has Everything' before.

Reid Fleming: World's Toughest Milkman
    I got an issue of this when I was a kid and loved it, although looking back I'm sure I didn't get half the jokes. I love this collection so much I've stopped reading it and am 'saving it up' (I know, it's mental).

New floppies I'm getting:

X-Men (2010)
    Mainly because I'm a sucker for stories with the original team

Elric: The Balance Lost
    I usually avoid comics based on books or TV shows but I'm a Moorcock tragic (shocking revelation, I'm sure) and this one turned out to be rather good. It'll be interesting to see how this develops.

Leave a comment:

• JonnyMagus
    replied
    Just got the first graphic novel of Scalped by Jason Aaron. The most full on in-yer-face comic I've read in ages.

Leave a comment:

• Pebble
    replied
    Originally posted by Chris T View Post
    I'm hanging out for the Man-Thing Omnibus so I can read them in colour. <insert Man-Thing size related joke here>
    Intriguingly, some of them are in B&W from Marvel Magazine line, some interesting work, there like the Doc Savage, which worked well and the Incredible Hulk.

Leave a comment:

• Chris T
    replied
    Originally posted by Pebble View Post
    Picked up a copy of Essential Man-Thing volume 1.

All those odd comics that I missed or found stories elsewhere. Intriguingly Gray Morrow drew the first Man-Thing story, must look him on the web. Another similar artist, is Tony Salmon.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X