Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

New age of Comics?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New age of Comics?

I was just thinking to myself 'Are we witnessing a new age of creativity in Comics?' and I thought who better to answer this than the mutiverse at large. At the moment people seem to to be going into comics from other genre's rather than comics staying almost seperate.

We have Mike and Walter's incredible MoaS series (why only four!!!), Orson Scott Card is adapting some of his stuff for comics (Red Prophet and Wyrms so far), Joss Weedon is on X-men (love it or loathe it. I love it although #15 was a little ) and J. Michael Straczynski is doing whatever he feels like doing at Marvel.

I only got into comics quite recently, in part due to the Multiverse comics and Alan Moore's League of Extraordinary Gentlemen, but with Hollywood preying so much on the medium at the moment can it be long before some or all of these are made into some sort of feature. How about an adaptation of the Multiverse comics to coincide with the Elric Movie? Any chance of something new from Mike? More JC, more Elric or an MM take on someone else's characters rather than their take on his?
    \"Mercy? I don\'t deserve it.\"
    Karl Glogaur - Behold the Man
    Michael Moocock

I'd like to see more of the regular Eternal Champion stuff adapted into comic/graphic novel form.

Dark Horse have done a marvellous job revamping REH's Conan stories, the adaptations of individual stories are very well done, and extremely faithful to the original stories.
    Batman: It's a low neighborhood, full of rumpots. They're used to curious sights, which they attribute to alcoholic delusions.

Robin: Gosh, drink is sure a filthy thing, isn't it? I'd rather be dead than unable to trust my own eyes!

Comment

I think it strated after the fold of first comics, it forced some really good writers and artist in to more main stream titles. I mess E-man & Nexus

Comment

I prefer comics that are written/drawn for that medium as opposed to adaptations. While adaptations can work, even well in some instances, the combination of highly concise text and images plus structured (or not) eye flow, is unique to the comic book format - and when it is done well, can achieve great stuff.

Comment

Working...
        X