Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

Simonsons at WW Chicago

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Simonsons at WW Chicago

Berry- Hope it's cool to post this.

Along with a bunch of my buddies (Sean Chen, Bendy, Frank Miller and John Cassaday) both Walter and Louise Simonson will be special guests at Wizard World Chicago.

Want info? Here's a link:
    Simonsons at Wizard World Chicago
    Miqque
    ... just another sailor on the seas of Fate, dogpaddling desperately ...

Thanks Miqque, I'm making that an announcement for now.
    The cat spread its wings and flew high into the air, hovering to keep pace with them as they moved cautiously toward the city. Then, as they climbed over the rubble of what had once been a gateway and began to make their way through piles of weed-grown masonry, the cat flew to the squat building with the yellow dome upon its roof. It flew twice around the dome and then came back to settle on Jhary's shoulder. - The King of the Swords

Comment

OOh, Alex Ross and Jeff Loeb too!! (of Anthrax album cover fame, and Smallville consulting fame respectively) (they also work in comics, I gather). Looks like a great place to spend a couple of days. Still, I was a little unnerved to see that if I put on some weight and had a nose reduction, I'd look disturbingly like Adam Hughes... if only I could draw like him! :(

I didn't spot the dates for Wizard World Dorset... they must be coming soon, yah?
      "That which does not kill us, makes us stranger." - Trevor Goodchild

Comment

Watch the WW site, Dee. Yeah, Alex has lots of irons in many fires. As for drawing skills, take a peek at the latest (or is it next week's? I'm not sure) issue of TV Guide, with Fantastic Four art by Bryan Hitch. There's also some new 'names' coming out who are very hot - Tom Raney (more of a renaissance for him since days of StormWatch/Authority), Olivier Copiel, Gary Moss, and a bunch of folks who just plain draw real good!
        Miqque
        ... just another sailor on the seas of Fate, dogpaddling desperately ...

Comment

I was, of course, joking about Mr Ross. I have several Astro City g/novels, and his work is always deeply gorgeous. It was just strange seeing him pop up on an Anthrax live DVD (trying not to look too awkward while talking to Charlie from the band). Sadly, there's a limit to how many artists' work I can look at before chewing off my hands in envy.

Comment

your eyes

Dear Dee Crow Seer. Er new to world of tech, how do you get your avatars eyes to blink?

You say they don't blink?

Er...
            "What do you think you're doing? This is a closed set!"

Comment

Re: your eyes

Originally posted by muckyshoe
              Dear Dee Crow Seer. Er new to world of tech, how do you get your avatars eyes to blink?
              I had a programme called Paint Shop Pro (for the PC) which came with a free add-on called Animation Shop... without a programme like that, I'm not sure how you'd make animated gifs. Sorry.

Comment

Now all I gotta do is figure out how to get to Chicago... :?

Originally posted by DeeCrowSeer
                I had a programme called Paint Shop Pro (for the PC) which came with a free add-on called Animation Shop... without a programme like that, I'm not sure how you'd make animated gifs.
                Yeah, I use ImageReady which comes with Photoshop. Any image-editing software worth its weight in penguin droppings will have a method for animating gifs, muckyshoe. If yours doesn't, it is long overdue for a ritual burning. :twisted:
                "Wounds are all I'm made of. Did I hear you say that this is victory?"
                --Michael Moorcock, Veteran of the Psychic Wars

Comment

Check out this free graphics software that I use regularly: http://www.gimp.org/
                  The cat spread its wings and flew high into the air, hovering to keep pace with them as they moved cautiously toward the city. Then, as they climbed over the rubble of what had once been a gateway and began to make their way through piles of weed-grown masonry, the cat flew to the squat building with the yellow dome upon its roof. It flew twice around the dome and then came back to settle on Jhary's shoulder. - The King of the Swords

Comment

The French edition of the first two books, in hardback, is apparently out, though I haven't seen it. Walter's very pleased with it indeed. He thinks it looks better than the US edition. Editions Soleil are, I believe, the publisher.

Pre-order or Buy my latest titles in Europe:
                    The Whispering Swarm: Book One of the Sanctuary of the White Friars - The Laughter of Carthage - Byzantium Endures - London Peculiar and Other Nonfiction
                    Doctor Who: The Coming of the Terraphiles - Kizuna: Fiction for Japan - Modem Times 2.0 - The Sunday Books - The Sundered Worlds

Pre-order or Buy my latest titles in the USA:
                    The Laughter of Carthage - Byzantium Endures - London Peculiar and Other Nonfiction - The Sunday Books - Doctor Who: The Coming of the Terraphiles
                    Kizuna: Fiction for Japan - The Sundered Worlds - The Winds of Limbo - Modem Times 2.0 - Elric: Swords and Roses

Comment

Working...
                    X