Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

Planetary.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Planetary.

Dammit, I want a conversation about Planetary. About reworking and reimaginings of huge mythic themes, filtered through disposable pop-culture, with special reference to Mike's work, and the ongoing influence of Alan Moore.

Would anyone care to join me?

I have yet to read an issue of Planetary. Any good? If so, WHY Is it worth spending my hard earned money on?

Comment

Umm...good question.

Unlike a lot of comics, which are either about either a) defeating evil menaces with giant robots or b) real life, Planetary is about comics themselves, the types of stories that have appeared in comics as they have evolved, and what happens if you do one type of comic in the style of another.

Actually, I've explained it terribly. It's really very good. My poor words fail me. Like the Buddha, I should point to the thing itself rather than cloud it with words, which inevitably lie or detract from the true beauty of the thing. Oh, and cut down on the absinthe.

Comment

Working...
      X