Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

What book are you reading at the moment? Part 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Its pretty unputdownable DA.
    "I hate to advocate drugs,alcohol,violence or insanity to anyone,but they've always worked for me"

Hunter S Thompson

Comment

Just finished the Metatemporal Detective (a collection of Seaton Begg and Monsieur Zenith stories by Mike). Uttery outstanding.
      I don't know anything about music. In my line you don't have to. Elvis Presley

Comment

Finished Hawkwind: Sonic Assasins. I got Highrise a while back and its time to read it.
        Kevin McCabe
        The future is there, looking back at us. Trying to make sense of the fiction we will have become. William Gibson

Comment

Originally posted by "TheDoctor" View Post
          Just finished the Metatemporal Detective (a collection of Seaton Begg and Monsieur Zenith stories by Mike). Uttery outstanding.
          I love that book!
          "The world is such-and-such or so-and-so only because we tell ourselves that that is the way it is. If we stop telling ourselves that the world is so-and-so, the world will stop being so-and-so." - don Juan

Comment

Mm, yea Serpentine, I enjoyed the whole 1930/40's feel of it alot.

Comment

Finished Earth by David Brin and i would thoroughly recommend it to anyone here.
              Makes some deft wee predictions in it about the current world economy situation which are interesting.
              Away to open Book of Skulls by Robert Silverberg
              "I hate to advocate drugs,alcohol,violence or insanity to anyone,but they've always worked for me"

Hunter S Thompson

Comment

Originally posted by thingfish View Post
                Ha! You'll have to let us know what you think of that one,tf; in particular, I wonder how well it will have dated...

Just cracked "A Hat Full of Sky" by Terry Pratchett.
                McN

"I learned: the first lesson of my life: nobody can face the world with his eyes open all the time." Salman Rushdie, 'Midnight's Children'

Comment

About half way through McN,and it is pretty unputdownable!
                  Its dated quite well i think for a book that was written in 1972.
                  Could imagine one of those sects popping up anywhere today i suppose.

Hunter S Thompson

Comment

Finished Tides of War, the second book by the Gates of Fire writer. Also a great book, although not as good as Gates of Fire. (I REALLY recommend you to read Gates of Fire if you haven't)

Comment

• Originally posted by McNevin View Post
                      Originally posted by thingfish View Post
                      Ha! You'll have to let us know what you think of that one,tf; in particular, I wonder how well it will have dated...
                      I read it not so long ago, and had to force myself to finish it. I couldn't connect with any of the characters, and thought the story long drawn out and boring. In fact, I would have been happy if they all died at the end. Wouldn't read it again if I was paid.
                      You see, it's... it's no good, Montag. We've all got to be alike. The only way to be happy is for everyone to be made equal.

-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-

Image Hive :-: Wikiverse :-: Media Hive

:-: Onsite Offerings :-:

"I am an observer of life, a non-participant who takes no sides. I am in the regimented society, but not of it." Moondog, 1964

Comment

• Ah thats a shame Gov,im getting right into it,nearly finished in fact!!

Hunter S Thompson

Comment

• Currently reading "The Drunkards' Walk" - how randomness affects our lives.

Interesting read and very accessible for the layman.

Des
                          Spacerockmanifesto on Facebook

Hawkwind tabs

Comment

• Away to open some more Silverberg,this time a book called Hot Sky at Midnight.

Hunter S Thompson

Comment

• I am currently consuming "The Eyre Affair" by Jasper Fforde.

I'm not hugely impressed, really, but it's not particularly off-putting and I feel the need to be diplomatic when discussing it with my sister who recommended it.
                              Thick as wind-blown leaves innumerable, since 1985

Comment

• Finished the Haggard, and decided to read something else before reading 'Ayesha: the Return of She'. (Bit difficult to see how She managed it, too.)

The something else I'm reading is 'Elric: The Sleeping Sorceress'. Got it for Christmas and put off reading it until now.
                                You see, it's... it's no good, Montag. We've all got to be alike. The only way to be happy is for everyone to be made equal.

-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-

Image Hive :-: Wikiverse :-: Media Hive

:-: Onsite Offerings :-:

"I am an observer of life, a non-participant who takes no sides. I am in the regimented society, but not of it." Moondog, 1964

Comment

Working...
                                X