Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

What book are you reading at the moment? Part 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Das (or do you prefer Duchess? ), the Corum books are about 120 pages or so long. They are very easy to understand and very easy to read (they end far too quickly), but also open up a bit more of the Multiverse. There are even maps (which I helped with! ) to help you. He has Jhary-a-Conel along with him in the 2nd & 3rd books to help him make sense of Chaos and Law, which is quite helpful for the reader. I think (hope!) you'll love him like I do.
    Last edited by Governor of Rowe Island; 06-06-2009, 03:57 PM. Reason: Sp.
    You see, it's... it's no good, Montag. We've all got to be alike. The only way to be happy is for everyone to be made equal.

-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-

Image Hive :-: Wikiverse :-: Media Hive

:-: Onsite Offerings :-:

"I am an observer of life, a non-participant who takes no sides. I am in the regimented society, but not of it." Moondog, 1964

Comment

• Dangit. SO much to read...SO MUCH to absorb...SO, SO MUCH impatience to know it all, RIGHT. NOW.

das

Comment

• I agree with those here that say Corum is a good way to go after Elric. Either that or "The Eternal Champion" and "The Silver Warriors" to get John Dakar involved in things.
        "An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life." -Robert A. Heinlein

"If I accept you as you are, I will make you worse; however, if I treat you as though you are what you are capable of becoming, I will help you become that." -Johann Wolfgang Goethe

"Man once surrendering his reason, has no remaining guard against absurdities the most monstrous, and like a ship without rudder, is the sport of every wind." -Thomas Jefferson

Comment

• I'll second VA's suggestion of going with Erekose and The Eternal Champion.
          Doomed, doomed, they ((s)he) are all doomed!

Comment

• Just finished England Invaded,brilliant stories(cheers Rothgo)
            Next up is The Dragon and the Sword.
            "I hate to advocate drugs,alcohol,violence or insanity to anyone,but they've always worked for me"

Hunter S Thompson

Comment

• Great selection by Mike in both those books, tf.

Just finished Judgement of Eve. What a great writer Edgar Pangborn was. I don't know any of his other works but I would recommend any of his books set in his Tales of a Darkening World series to anyone who likes SF. Very enjoyable.

Next is a bit of Len Deighton, First book of the Game, Set and Match trilogy. There are six others (2x trilogies) in the series, too. More books to buy!
              You see, it's... it's no good, Montag. We've all got to be alike. The only way to be happy is for everyone to be made equal.

-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-

Image Hive :-: Wikiverse :-: Media Hive

:-: Onsite Offerings :-:

"I am an observer of life, a non-participant who takes no sides. I am in the regimented society, but not of it." Moondog, 1964

Comment

• Thought you would enjoy Judgement of Eve Gov!
                Must seek out some more Pangborn myself.
                Yeah every story in England Invaded i loved,especially the Wardon Allan Curtis one.
                "I hate to advocate drugs,alcohol,violence or insanity to anyone,but they've always worked for me"

Hunter S Thompson

Comment

• I've been busier than a long-tailed cat in a room full of rocking chairs at work, so I'm still on The Scar. But, I'm enjoying it immensley. Its got weird and twisted versions of most of the themes of the nautical adventures I read when I was eleven or so! And, now that I see where Mieville was coming from in The City and The City, I believe he is an actual Trotter.* I haven't figured out the political dimension of this one, but its a ripping good story and not nearly as bleak as Perdido.
                  Kevin McCabe
                  The future is there, looking back at us. Trying to make sense of the fiction we will have become. William Gibson

Comment

• Dragon was brilliant,i can see that one being re-read before the years out!
                    Away to open-

Pawn of Prophesy-David Eddings

Hunter S Thompson

Comment

• I'm reading Quantum Electrodynamics and M-Theory for Complete Morons, written by Miss March 2004.

No, wait, I only dreamed that book.

I'm actually I just finished my last book. I'm looking for recommendations. I'm kind of picky about what I read. I like original novels better than series, and am more likely to read known authors than newcomers, but I will give newbies a chance if well recommended.

Here's a challenge. Tell me a recent book Harlan would like! :-)

I said that to Art and Lydia Marano at "Dangerous Visions" and they just laughed (and I worked there at the time!). Then I read one of Harlan's reviews and picked up "The Etched City" by K.J. Bishop. A fantastic book. Got get it. Now!
                      Lord Warshaw the Unknown

"Except in dreams, you're never really free." Warren Zevon, Desperados Under the Eaves.

Comment

• Ok WW i will!!
                        Any recommendation from a writer of your calibre is to be jumped on!

Hunter S Thompson

Comment

• Well, I would hardly put myself in the same category as MM or Harlan Ellison, but I think my stuff is at least entertaining--to me, if no one else. I just wish I could get more of it published.

Anyway, recommendations would be appreciated. I'm between books now, having finished "Kethani" by Eric Brown about a week ago.
                          Lord Warshaw the Unknown

"Except in dreams, you're never really free." Warren Zevon, Desperados Under the Eaves.

Comment

• I just finished Judas Unchained, the sequel and finale to Pandora's Star by Peter F. Hamilton. I highly recommend these books for a fun wild SF ride that will appeal to many Moorcock fans. A portion is definitely influenced by The Multiverse (in particular the Moonbeam Roads) and the rest is more traditional SF with enough gratuitous sex to either annoy or entertain depending on how you take that. I was actually mildly annoyed but still found the series well worth continuing, and in fact hard to put down.
                            My Facebook; My Band; My Radio Show; My Flickr Page; Science Fiction Message Board

Comment

• Am now on to Queen of Sorcery by David Eddings.

Hunter S Thompson

Comment

• The Rebel - Camus
                                Kevin McCabe
                                The future is there, looking back at us. Trying to make sense of the fiction we will have become. William Gibson

Comment

Working...
                                X