Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

What book are you reading at the moment? Part 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by white wolf's son View Post
    Just finished the Gromenghast trilogy, really enjoyed all the books...
    I've read the first of those, but got bogged down in the second. I may have to give them another go.

Coming to the end of The Iron Dream and what a ride, almost literally! Quite simply staggering. Heroic fantasy taken to its very extreme. Quite a feat. Still working my way through the second Corum trilogy for Elwher and the Wikiverse. Spotted a couple of inconsistencies, which you'll have to see the Wikiverse for.

Not sure what to read next, I'm sure I'll find something though!
    You see, it's... it's no good, Montag. We've all got to be alike. The only way to be happy is for everyone to be made equal.

-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-

Image Hive :-: Wikiverse :-: Media Hive

:-: Onsite Offerings :-:

"I am an observer of life, a non-participant who takes no sides. I am in the regimented society, but not of it." Moondog, 1964

Comment

• Knee-deep in 'The Gryphon Saga' of Andre Norton's Witch World series.

Just starting Gryphon in Glory.
      Madness is always the best armor against Reality

Comment

• Just finished my Jack Vance activity and am away to open The Scar by Kevins mate China!!
        "I hate to advocate drugs,alcohol,violence or insanity to anyone,but they've always worked for me"

Hunter S Thompson

Comment

• Don't do it man! Think of the wife and children you'll leave behind!
          Kevin McCabe
          The future is there, looking back at us. Trying to make sense of the fiction we will have become. William Gibson

Comment

• It was my better half who bought me it!(maybe its time to have another look at that insurance policy!!)
            "I hate to advocate drugs,alcohol,violence or insanity to anyone,but they've always worked for me"

Hunter S Thompson

Comment

• Do it TF - You know you want to.... The Possible Sword is so cool (that's all I'll say).

have just pulled "Mother London" out of the bookshelf - it's been soooo long.....
              Does it follow that I reject all authority? Perish the thought. In the matter of boots, I defer to the authority of the boot-maker.
              Bakunin

Comment

• Ok,i'll toss a coin,heads it is,that means.
                "A mile below the lowest cloud,rock breaches water and the sea begins"
                Im off and running.

Hunter S Thompson

Comment

• Now there's a Great Book!
                  Kevin McCabe
                  The future is there, looking back at us. Trying to make sense of the fiction we will have become. William Gibson

Comment

• Finished the Corum (results will appear in the Wikiverse in due course.) Moved on to Orbitsville Departure by Bob Shaw.
                    You see, it's... it's no good, Montag. We've all got to be alike. The only way to be happy is for everyone to be made equal.

-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-

"I am an observer of life, a non-participant who takes no sides. I am in the regimented society, but not of it." Moondog, 1964

Comment

• Reading (almost done) The Sleeping Sorceress. I think this is my favorite so far, if just for the relationship between Elric and Moonglum, and for how tortured Elric is in this, both physically and mentally. But physically, mostly...like Moonglum, it brings out my mothering instinct.

das

Comment

• Finished The Scar and it was brilliant,even better than Perdido Street Station imho!!
                        Have just opened my newest acquisition Starswarm by Brian Aldiss

Hunter S Thompson

Comment

• Now, now, tf, you'll only get Kevin going again.

Thoroughly enjoying Orbitville Departure. I read somewhere that it wasn't as good as the first one, but I think I'm enjoying it more. Anyone else read it/them?

Comment

• Bending to intense peer pressure, I picked up Unlundun and ordered The City and The City. ONLY because they are both said to be departures. Never let it be said I didn't give a man, even one in a black dress, a second bite at the apple.
                            Kevin McCabe

Comment

• Still in Witch World.

Just starting Gryphon's Eyrie by Andre Norton and A.C. Crispin
                              Last edited by DeepFixer; 05-24-2009, 03:12 PM. Reason: rong dam' thread!!!!!
                              Madness is always the best armor against Reality

Comment

• Originally posted by flutegirlrockz View Post
                                The Complete Traveler In Black
                                The Claw Of The Consulator
                                The Eternal Champion
                                Star Trek Invasion: The Final Fury
                                I just finished The Comptete Traveler In Black and I've started Wizard And Glass by Steven King. I'm still reading the other books.
                                Last edited by flutegirlrockz; 05-31-2009, 11:56 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X