Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

What book are you reading at the moment? Part 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nothing to beat a good old labour of love Gov!
    "I hate to advocate drugs,alcohol,violence or insanity to anyone,but they've always worked for me"

Hunter S Thompson

Comment

• 1. The Drizzt books are one of my favorite guilty pleasures; way better than either AC/DC or the average gangster flick. If I thought about Salvatore's books too hard I'd lose interest, but then I'd be missing the point ;)

2. Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep was the ONLY book I can think of that was genuinely better as a movie than a book. As revolutionary as Mr. Dick was he never did learn how to tell a good story. Besides, I'm a sucker for a hard-boiled detective and that was far and away the best performance Harrison Ford ever gave.

3.Slippery Jim DiGriz is awesome and I should reread those books; I know I've still got them somewhere.

4. I'm currently reading "Girl on a Swing" by Richard Adams

Comment

• I'm reading Foundation series, better late than never ha? :)
        http://soundandclouds.blogspot.com/

Comment

• Absolutely Seda!!
          The foundation books are timeless and you are away to meet one of my favourite sci-fi characters-The Mule!!
          Im away to make a start on Things That Never Happen by M John Harrison.
          "I hate to advocate drugs,alcohol,violence or insanity to anyone,but they've always worked for me"

Hunter S Thompson

Comment

• Another book jumped the queue, so Bug Jack Barron will have to wait a bit longer. After the Drake book I fancied a bit more Elizabethan action and I remembered I had From Merciless Invaders by Alexander McKee waiting on the shelf. Drawing on reports, letters, etc written at the time, it tells of the Spanish Armada, giving a little of the events leading up to it, to set the scene.
            You see, it's... it's no good, Montag. We've all got to be alike. The only way to be happy is for everyone to be made equal.

-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-

Image Hive :-: Wikiverse :-: Media Hive

:-: Onsite Offerings :-:

"I am an observer of life, a non-participant who takes no sides. I am in the regimented society, but not of it." Moondog, 1964

Comment

• Sounds good Gov!
              The only McKee book i have read was one about Gordon of Khartoum which was brilliant and i've always meant to look up more of his stuff.
              Thanx to the reminder from your good self i am away to do just that!!

Hunter S Thompson

Comment

• Just started The Big Sleep.
                "A man is no man who cannot have a fried mackerel when he has set his mind on it; and more especially when he has money in his pocket to pay for it." - E.A. Poe's NICHOLAS DUNKS; OR, FRIED MACKEREL FOR DINNER

Comment

• Originally posted by Talisant View Post
                  Just started The Big Sleep.
                  It doesn't live up to the title: a splendid book!

Comment

• "A man is no man who cannot have a fried mackerel when he has set his mind on it; and more especially when he has money in his pocket to pay for it." - E.A. Poe's NICHOLAS DUNKS; OR, FRIED MACKEREL FOR DINNER

Comment

• Just starting Phaid the Gambler by Mick Farren and waiting for Star Trek Vanguard #4 Open Secrets to come out Tuesday
                      Madness is always the best armor against Reality

Comment

• The first fantasy book i ever read was Phaid DF.
                        I love that book!
                        Im away to open Eyeless in Gaza by Aldous Huxley

Hunter S Thompson

Comment

• The Complete Traveler In Black
                          The Claw Of The Consulator
                          The Eternal Champion
                          Star Trek Invasion: The Final Fury

Comment

• I'm finishing The Lies of Locke Lamora by Scott Lynch, then I'm going to re-read The History of the Runestaff as this forum has inspired me to return to Mr Moorcocks works!

Comment

• Just finished Jonathan Stroud's Bartameaus trilogy, & am reading the third Tiffany Aching book by Terry Pratchett, "Wintersmith".
                              McN

"I learned: the first lesson of my life: nobody can face the world with his eyes open all the time." Salman Rushdie, 'Midnight's Children'

Comment

• Originally posted by flutegirlrockz View Post
                                Star Trek Invasion: The Final Fury
                                Is that one of the Romulan\Reman books?

I'm reading the Complete Chronicles of Conan. a nice sized brick to be carrying around in my bag to and from work.
                                Mutant Ill-Tempered Sea Bass Player

Comment

Working...
                                X