Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

What book are you reading at the moment? Part 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sounds good Gov,i was looking for another Drake book.
    Will have a look for this one!
    "I hate to advocate drugs,alcohol,violence or insanity to anyone,but they've always worked for me"

Hunter S Thompson

Comment

• I was lent The Tenderness of Wolves by a friend yesterday, which I've promised to read so I'll be starting that once I've finished The Adventures of Una & Catherine. I've got no idea what it's about, though no doubt I'll find out once I start reading it.
      _"For an eternity Allard was alone in an icy limbo where all the colours were bright and sharp and comfortless.
      _For another eternity Allard swam through seas without end, all green and cool and deep, where distorted creatures drifted, sometimes attacking him.
      _And then, at last, he had reached the real world – the world he had created, where he was God and could create or destroy whatever he wished.
      _He was supremely powerful. He told planets to destroy themselves, and they did. He created suns. Beautiful women flocked to be his. Of all men, he was the mightiest. Of all gods, he was the greatest."

Comment

• I just finished Amber and Blood, final book in the Mina series, I'm now going back to A Game of Thrones... well until my friend gives me a copy of her novel to read anyway.
        Mutant Ill-Tempered Sea Bass Player

Comment

• I've just started a re-read of the aforementioned Aztec trilogy by Gary Jennings.
          "I hate to advocate drugs,alcohol,violence or insanity to anyone,but they've always worked for me"

Hunter S Thompson

Comment

• "Sea of Poppies" by Amitar Ghosh
            Thick as wind-blown leaves innumerable, since 1985

Comment

• Started The Tenderness of Wolves last night. Just read the first chapter so far, it's a murder mystery set in 1860s Canada. So far so good. I'll also be reading the revised edition of The Eternal Champion for my outdoor excursions (since it fits in my jacket pocket better than TToW).
              _"For an eternity Allard was alone in an icy limbo where all the colours were bright and sharp and comfortless.
              _For another eternity Allard swam through seas without end, all green and cool and deep, where distorted creatures drifted, sometimes attacking him.
              _And then, at last, he had reached the real world – the world he had created, where he was God and could create or destroy whatever he wished.
              _He was supremely powerful. He told planets to destroy themselves, and they did. He created suns. Beautiful women flocked to be his. Of all men, he was the mightiest. Of all gods, he was the greatest."

Comment

• Currently reading (and enjoying) Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep.
                Batman: It's a low neighborhood, full of rumpots. They're used to curious sights, which they attribute to alcoholic delusions.

Robin: Gosh, drink is sure a filthy thing, isn't it? I'd rather be dead than unable to trust my own eyes!

Comment

• Had a 'restful' eve last night with the Stainless Steal Rat. Splendid!

Comment

• Originally posted by Rothgo View Post
                    Had a 'restful' eve last night with the Stainless Steal Rat. Splendid!
                    Hmmm. I may have to put them back on my re-read list. Thanks for the reminder Rothgo, can't beat a bit of Slippery Jim.

Getting near the end of The Unforsaken Hiero and I've thoroughly enjoyed it. I wouldn't have minded if it had been three times the size.

Going to put back The Iron Dream, again, and go for the Drake biog I've had on my shelf for quite some time. That should go nicely with the Buccaneers... book I've got on the go.
                    You see, it's... it's no good, Montag. We've all got to be alike. The only way to be happy is for everyone to be made equal.

-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-

Image Hive :-: Wikiverse :-: Media Hive

:-: Onsite Offerings :-:

"I am an observer of life, a non-participant who takes no sides. I am in the regimented society, but not of it." Moondog, 1964

Comment

• Originally posted by devilchicken View Post
                      Currently reading (and enjoying) Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep.
                      I've always wanted to read that but never have. I don't know why.
                      "The world is such-and-such or so-and-so only because we tell ourselves that that is the way it is. If we stop telling ourselves that the world is so-and-so, the world will stop being so-and-so." - don Juan

Comment

• Originally posted by devilchicken View Post
                        Currently reading (and enjoying) Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep.
                        Love it, love it, love it!

Blade Runner will never seem the same to you.

Comment

• When I'm finally finished grading midterms I plan on some heavy lifting: Crime and Punishment by Dostoevsky. I read it in a graduate school haze many years ago. It seemed to jump off my shelf on Monday.

Comment

• Wear strong boots Doc!!
                            Speaking of Russian writers im away to start Cancer Ward by Alexander Solzenhitsyn

Hunter S Thompson

Comment

• Originally posted by thingfish View Post
                              Wear strong boots Doc!!
                              Speaking of Russian writers im away to start Cancer Ward by Alexander Solzenhitsyn
                              Looks like I can return the advice!

Comment

• Duke Elric, and after I finish, I'll pick up Viriconium again.

& Secret of the Sixth Magic by Lyndon hardy
                                Madness is always the best armor against Reality

Comment

Working...
                                X