Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

What book are you reading at the moment? Part 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Am still working on Larsson's novel, The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo. Looks promising so far, and a welcome change to the increasingly similar things I had been reading before.
    Thick as wind-blown leaves innumerable, since 1985

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevin McCabe View Post
      Maybe Jerry and Catherine?
      I did consider that but

Originally posted by Doc View Post
      I also have to think,
      Just checked and they were fighting five demons, there were three Pigs. So that would appear to rule that out.

Originally posted by Kevin McCabe View Post
      Well, Doc, I'll have to have another look (no mean feat, as I packed up the library today - painting/flooring next couple of weeks). I need to see if

To save you the bother of getting it out, Kevin, here is the pertinent text from E:TSS, p288, para2.

We may be trying to read too much into it!
      You see, it's... it's no good, Montag. We've all got to be alike. The only way to be happy is for everyone to be made equal.

-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-

Image Hive :-: Wikiverse :-: Media Hive

:-: Onsite Offerings :-:

"I am an observer of life, a non-participant who takes no sides. I am in the regimented society, but not of it." Moondog, 1964

Comment

• Originally posted by Governor of Rowe Island View Post

We may be trying to read too much into it!

To me, that is half of the fun of reading Mike's work!

Comment

• Thanks Gov! I agree with you both: we probably are a bit afield, but it is fun. For me, the really cool moment was when I read

Kevin McCabe
          The future is there, looking back at us. Trying to make sense of the fiction we will have become. William Gibson

Comment

• I didn't say it wasn't fun, Doc.

It's what makes them worth rereading.
            You see, it's... it's no good, Montag. We've all got to be alike. The only way to be happy is for everyone to be made equal.

-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-

Image Hive :-: Wikiverse :-: Media Hive

:-: Onsite Offerings :-:

"I am an observer of life, a non-participant who takes no sides. I am in the regimented society, but not of it." Moondog, 1964

Comment

• I'm back on this forum
              I'm reading now Conan in the author version, not the modificated versions, i love it!

Comment

• Welcome back Retyar
                Im just finishing off Land Leviathan and am away to start The Steel Tsar
                "I hate to advocate drugs,alcohol,violence or insanity to anyone,but they've always worked for me"

Hunter S Thompson

Comment

• Originally posted by thingfish View Post
                  Welcome back Retyar
                  Im just finishing off Land Leviathan and am away to start The Steel Tsar
                  Spooky! So am I!?!

Des
                  Spacerockmanifesto on Facebook

Hawkwind tabs

Comment

• Loonies seldom differ right enough Des!!
                    They are pretty unputdownable ay!
                    Looking forward to the conclusion!!
                    "I hate to advocate drugs,alcohol,violence or insanity to anyone,but they've always worked for me"

Hunter S Thompson

Comment

• I'm currently reading Rip It Up and Start Again: Post Punk 1978-1984 by Simon Reynolds. Pretty good, though I don't agree with everything he says. Who could on such a broad topic though??
                      My Facebook; My Band; My Radio Show; My Flickr Page; Science Fiction Message Board

Comment

• I've read a book about that period, DA. It was a pretty good tome entitled Our Band Could Be Your Life. For myself, I'm finishing off Fabulous Harbors tonight.
                        Kevin McCabe
                        The future is there, looking back at us. Trying to make sense of the fiction we will have become. William Gibson

Comment

• Presently reading Voltaire's The White Bull.
                          "A man is no man who cannot have a fried mackerel when he has set his mind on it; and more especially when he has money in his pocket to pay for it." - E.A. Poe's NICHOLAS DUNKS; OR, FRIED MACKEREL FOR DINNER

Comment

• Just opened Asimovs Mysteries by,strangely enough,Isaac Asimov.

Hunter S Thompson

Comment

• It's a beautiful spring Wednesday afternoon. I'm going to grab my copy of the Hollow Lands, then head off for a couple of beers and a read, in the country.

Comment

• Now that sounds like an excellent plan Pietro!

Hunter S Thompson

Comment

Working...
                                X