Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

What book are you reading at the moment? Part 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• While I am still in the middle of Elric: The Sleeping Sorceress, I have just moved on to Elric of Melniboné within that collection. The styistic difference between the later Elric stories and the earlier ones is already becoming evident. This may be down to the fact that the later ones were written as novels rather than short stories. Still very enjoyable, nonethless, and I feel the preceding forward to the audio book helps to tie it in with the Making of a Sorceror comic tales.
    You see, it's... it's no good, Montag. We've all got to be alike. The only way to be happy is for everyone to be made equal.

-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-

Image Hive :-: Wikiverse :-: Media Hive

:-: Onsite Offerings :-:

"I am an observer of life, a non-participant who takes no sides. I am in the regimented society, but not of it." Moondog, 1964

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevin McCabe View Post
      Thanks Doc, will do! I started The War Between The Angels once and put it down until I had time to get and read FH first.
      You'll have to let us know what you think. Apologies to all for being a little evangelical about this particular series...

Comment

• The Dragon In The Sword which so far seems to be next in line to it's precursor The Silver Warriors.

Comment

• Originally posted by Doc View Post
          Originally posted by Kevin McCabe View Post
          Thanks Doc, will do! I started The War Between The Angels once and put it down until I had time to get and read FH first.
          You'll have to let us know what you think. Apologies to all for being a little evangelical about this particular series...
          Well Doc, after having a look at the notes on the sleeve of FH, I have amended the reading order. Starting Blood (then FH, The WATA)
          Kevin McCabe
          The future is there, looking back at us. Trying to make sense of the fiction we will have become. William Gibson

Comment

• The God Delusion - Dawkins, Richard

Absolute, Scientific Materialism. It's so bracing.

Comment

• The Dragon In The Sword was another grabber with many, many twists and cross references back to the original EC theme.
              It appears WarhoundATWP or CityITAS is next.
              Trying to keep some sort of order to the whole endeavor is a task in it's own right.

Comment

• Sounds like my kind of fun VG!
                Having just read The LSD Dossier(which was excellent)im now starting on the Bastable trilogy starting right now with Warlord in the Air,the first ever MM book i ever read so i wonder if i'll remember anything!!
                "I hate to advocate drugs,alcohol,violence or insanity to anyone,but they've always worked for me"

Hunter S Thompson

Comment

• Originally posted by thingfish View Post
                  Having just read The LSD Dossier(which was excellent)
                  Well, just you be sure to let Mike know that, tf. I agree with you, it's one of my favourite Moorcock novels - and my favourite Nick Allard novel - even though Mike himself doesn't have a very high opinion of it (or at least he didn't before it was put online; I don't know if he's read it since then).
                  Last edited by David Mosley; 03-04-2009, 07:15 AM.
                  _"For an eternity Allard was alone in an icy limbo where all the colours were bright and sharp and comfortless.
                  _For another eternity Allard swam through seas without end, all green and cool and deep, where distorted creatures drifted, sometimes attacking him.
                  _And then, at last, he had reached the real world – the world he had created, where he was God and could create or destroy whatever he wished.
                  _He was supremely powerful. He told planets to destroy themselves, and they did. He created suns. Beautiful women flocked to be his. Of all men, he was the mightiest. Of all gods, he was the greatest."

Comment

• Just finished Blood. What a mindblower, I'm going to have to re-read MM's Multiverse and maybe The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen. Starting Fabulous Harbors. I liked The LSD Dossier a lot too fellows! In a similar vein to the LSD Dossier, I've been reading the JC comic from the image hive - a page here, a page there - and would like to thank Gov for pointing it out and whoever did the work to make it available.
                    Kevin McCabe
                    The future is there, looking back at us. Trying to make sense of the fiction we will have become. William Gibson

Comment

• It was a sort of joint effort between me and David with the JC strip. I uploaded the original images but David rescanned/reworked(?) what is there now. It comes from the Millenium 'New Nature of the Catastrophe' collection.
                      You see, it's... it's no good, Montag. We've all got to be alike. The only way to be happy is for everyone to be made equal.

-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-

"I am an observer of life, a non-participant who takes no sides. I am in the regimented society, but not of it." Moondog, 1964

Comment

• Well thank you both!
                        Kevin McCabe

Comment

• Ditto here guys,the JC strips are pretty damn addictive!!
                          "I hate to advocate drugs,alcohol,violence or insanity to anyone,but they've always worked for me"

Hunter S Thompson

Comment

• Kudos must go to Guv for scanning the JC comic strip in the first place. As he says I rescanned and recomposited the strips (wrecking a copy of NNotC in the process ) in order to improve the resolution and make each strip a complete piece. You can still see Guv's scans here, here, and here.
                            _"For an eternity Allard was alone in an icy limbo where all the colours were bright and sharp and comfortless.
                            _For another eternity Allard swam through seas without end, all green and cool and deep, where distorted creatures drifted, sometimes attacking him.
                            _And then, at last, he had reached the real world – the world he had created, where he was God and could create or destroy whatever he wished.
                            _He was supremely powerful. He told planets to destroy themselves, and they did. He created suns. Beautiful women flocked to be his. Of all men, he was the mightiest. Of all gods, he was the greatest."

Comment

• While my scans weren't so good, my copy of NNotC is still in one piece, thank god!

Comment

• I should reassure any worried readers that it was, of course, a spare copy I deliberately acquired for that precise purpose.

Comment

Working...
                                X