Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

Your Thoughts on James A. Michener

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Michael Moorcock
    replied
    Sorry, I'll be in N.California in July. I'm doing a reading and a signing in Point Reyes Station, probably July (maybe August) at Point Reyes Books.
    I'll be doing other signings, from what I can gather from Warners, for the new Gloriana edition in August, in the Bay area. No details yet, I'm afraid. But I won't be stepping onto Spanish soil until the last week in September. Should be there through October and am going to try to get to Genoa, Italy, for a couple of days. I'll be attending the conference in Nantes, France over the weekend of November 5/7 and I should be in Paris for a few days after that. Just to clarify as best I can!

Leave a comment:

• Jerico
    replied
    Yeah. The Con is around the corner.
    It would be great if MM can make it.

So Mike, will you be in Europe (Spain?)
    July 22 to 25?

Or SD Comic Con to promote
    M.O.A.Sorcerer and hanging out
    with MJR, Bluekachina, and me? ;)

Leave a comment:

• MJR
    replied
    Hey Jerico:

It's still in use, but I don't get around to checking it very often these days. Been very busy since March. I need to catch up on that account.

ComiCon coming soon...

Leave a comment:

• Jerico
    replied
    Hey Marc,
    How's it going?
    do you still use the Rdrnner address?

--Jer

Leave a comment:

• Michael Moorcock
    replied
    Wow! Thanks. I'll take it with me to read in California. You're very kind.

Leave a comment:

• MJR
    replied
    I'm sending a copy care of Morhaim...

Leave a comment:

• Michael Moorcock
    replied
    No. I mean to read Recessional and you've reminded me to get a copy.
    Thanks.
    Michener's social conscience was what identified him with his great contemporaries. Sadly that social conscience seems largely lacking in mainstream fiction, these days. You have to look for most of it in genre fiction, be it thrillers or fantasy!

Leave a comment:

• MJR
    replied
    Have you read Michener's last novel, 'Recessional,' by any chance?

I think it is successful in bringing up many current social issues. I find myself thinking back on the story quite often.
    It does, however, lack a certain sense of grand adventure present in his earlier work. The adventures in the story being of a different nature due to the subject matter.

He's in splendid company, what's more.
    Yourself among others IMO. :P ....had to say it

UT has one of the most astonishing collections of modern literature collections in the world.
    I hope to go back and visit, if just to see the collection again.

Leave a comment:

• Michael Moorcock
    replied
    I have a huge admiration for Michener. I found his late work rather empty in comparison to his earlier work. But his best work, in my view, assures him of a deserved place in the American canon. I'm glad to be in the vicinity of the Michener collection. He's in splendid company, what's more. UT has one of the most astonishing collections of modern literature collections in the world.

Leave a comment:

• MJR
    started a topic Your Thoughts on James A. Michener

Your Thoughts on James A. Michener

I'm a reader and collector of James A. Michener's work as well as your own. I know that the Univerisity in Austin has (or at least had) a nice collection of his work. Have you by chance seen it? What do you think of Michener; the man, and his work? Thanks in advance.
Working...
X