Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

Greg Bear - Eon Series

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Greg Bear - Eon Series

For Sci-fi lovers out there this is an awesome series. A must read for any Sci-Fi fan. Greg Bear is one of the few writers that I will put down Moorcock for (if only temporarily).

Thanos

I have to agree, Eon blew me away. I haven't gotten to the others yet, didn't want to ruin the feeling I had after the first one, but I think I will now :D

C

Comment

yep - blew me away as well when I read it years ago.

Blood Music's great as well.

Comment

Yes, I agree. For a very short and easy read, Blood Music is very good.

Comment

His fantasy novels were pretty neat also - there were a pair of alternate world type things but I can't remember what they were called. They were pretty unique at the time and probably still are.

Comment

Oh yeah his fantasy was 'Inifinity Concerto', kind of a Tim Powers thing but not quite THAT good. He really could have followed the fantasy side of things and done just as well.

Comment

Yeah, you can find the two books Infinity Concerto and The Serpent Mage together as "Songs of Earth and Power." And I agree, they are both very good. I happened upon a copy of Infinity Concerto in a used bookstore several years ago. I couldn't find The Serpent Mage anywhere so I was very happy when I found them together in one copy.

Interesting side note: The copy of Infinity Concerto I bought had an old bus pass inside from Phoenix AZ on Oct 30th 1986. I've kept it with the book ever since.

Comment

Yeah that's one of the things I enjoy about used books is the history, how the book has changed hands and where it's been.

Comment

I read Songs of Earth and Power recently and thought it was excellent.
                  The theme of Mahlers unfinished dark symphony that threads throughout the book was an interesting idea.
                  "I hate to advocate drugs,alcohol,violence or insanity to anyone,but they've always worked for me"

Hunter S Thompson

Comment

Working...
                  X