Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

Recommended: Simon R Green's Deathstalker Series

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recommended: Simon R Green's Deathstalker Series

If this series has been discussed before, my apologies.

If you like your fantasy spiced with a liberal helping of space opera, a soupcon of ultra-violence, a splash of horror, a sprinkling of humour and more likeable, loveable and detestable characters than you could shake a Runestaff at.. you could do a lot worse than this guy. (And to cap it all he's a Brit!!)

To avoid a) preaching to the converted, or b) annoying the hell out of those who know him, but don't like him, I'll leave it at that. Anybody who wants more info, recommended reading list or to compare notes on Green's work, please post. :)

Strider

should have checked this section - recently asked for info. on the deathstalker series in the Books section!!

I don't know why I'm intrigued by this series. I'm always looking for new stuff and I'd seen the titles and covers and dismissed for years. It could be that I pick up the first book and close 30 pages later - but if I don't try I'll never know!!!

Is it as simplistic as the artwork suggests or is there some depth to it (I can do simplistic as long as it's fun :D )??

Comment

hmm, Green is an author I love and loathe in equal measure. He has done some amazing novles and some absolutley appalling ones also.
      Haven't read the Deathstalker books yet as I didn't want to be disappointed further.
      Regret achieves nothing. Regret breeds weakness. Regret is a cancer which attacks the body's vital organs and eventually destroys.

Comment

Working...
      X