Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

What was the last book you bought?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Picked up copies of Pollen by Jeff Noon and The Ringworld Throne by Larry Niven today.
    You see, it's... it's no good, Montag. We've all got to be alike. The only way to be happy is for everyone to be made equal.

-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-

Image Hive :-: Wikiverse :-: Media Hive

:-: Onsite Offerings :-:

"I am an observer of life, a non-participant who takes no sides. I am in the regimented society, but not of it." Moondog, 1964

Comment

• Bought a lovely based copy of Spenser's The Faerie Queen to read as I have read Glorianna, but not the Spenser.
      Papa was a Rolling Stone......

Comment

• Picked up a copy this afternoon after ages of searching of Julie and the Bazooka by Anna Kavan.
        "I hate to advocate drugs,alcohol,violence or insanity to anyone,but they've always worked for me"

Hunter S Thompson

Comment

• Bought I am Ozzy and Mini Shopaholic for my wife's birthday last week.
          _"For an eternity Allard was alone in an icy limbo where all the colours were bright and sharp and comfortless.
          _For another eternity Allard swam through seas without end, all green and cool and deep, where distorted creatures drifted, sometimes attacking him.
          _And then, at last, he had reached the real world – the world he had created, where he was God and could create or destroy whatever he wished.
          _He was supremely powerful. He told planets to destroy themselves, and they did. He created suns. Beautiful women flocked to be his. Of all men, he was the mightiest. Of all gods, he was the greatest."

Comment

• That Ozzy one looks good Dave.
            Just ordered it as an early xmas present for myself!!
            "I hate to advocate drugs,alcohol,violence or insanity to anyone,but they've always worked for me"

Hunter S Thompson

Comment

• Just got 'Gate of Ivory, Gate of Horn' by Robert Holdstock. I'm not reading the sequence in the order he wrote them and this is my third, but the other sequel I've read was great, more of the same of 'Mythago Wood'.

Comment

• I FINALLY chased down a copy of The Birthgrave by Tanith Lee. Must of done something right in my last life....
                Kevin McCabe
                The future is there, looking back at us. Trying to make sense of the fiction we will have become. William Gibson

Comment

• Picked up Ursula Le Guin - The Telling for 20p, Grapes of Wrath by Steinbeck - one of those books that perhaps I should have read and MM's Glorianna as it was a 2nd hand copy.

Comment

• Love Ursula Le Guin Pebble but i've not read that one will have to have a wee look for it.
                    Doubt i'll get it for 20p though!
                    I picked up The Trial by Franz Kafka on Saturday as well as the DVD of the movie that was made in the early 60s(63 i think).
                    Dont know whether to watch the movie or read the book first though.
                    Any suggestions?

Hunter S Thompson

Comment

• Originally posted by thingfish View Post
                      Love Ursula Le Guin Pebble but i've not read that one will have to have a wee look for it.
                      Doubt i'll get it for 20p though!
                      I picked up The Trial by Franz Kafka on Saturday as well as the DVD of the movie that was made in the early 60s(63 i think).
                      Dont know whether to watch the movie or read the book first though.
                      Any suggestions?
                      Ex-library stock, TF. Neither had I heard of it. (You can have my copy, after I have finished with it. As I think you are in the UK, but might be some time.)

Film or Book. If you read the book, then you might question the film, whereas the film might enhance the book with its vision. I remember watching the French Lieutenant's Wife first and found the book different, but the characters and places appeared in my mind as I read the book.

I have been to Lyme Regis and the cobb really is quite small.

Comment

• That would be brilliant Pebble!
                        I took your advice and watched the film this morning.
                        What a great movie,i cant believe i never saw this before.
                        Especially love the ending.

Hunter S Thompson

Comment

• Just picked up a copy of The Brothel in Rosenstrasse from Oxfam in Bloomsbury (£2) - apparently the only MM on offer

Comment

• And not one you see to often in the charity shops either.
                            Good buy!

Hunter S Thompson

Comment

• got the only copy of a certain new doctor who book it seems in swindon so i am set also just re read the dark is rising books from susan cooper the books are wonderful my favourite is greenwitch but their is no real dud in series in book form with the movie being a total turkey.
                              come to the dark side we have cookies

Comment

• Bought another copy of Light by Harrison. I've tried it before and didn't like it. But, that happened with Mieville and my taste changed, so I thought I would give it another go.
                                Kevin McCabe
                                The future is there, looking back at us. Trying to make sense of the fiction we will have become. William Gibson

Comment

Working...
                                X