Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

What was the last book you bought?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This is so pathetic but I just got a slew of hardbacks from the dollar bin today. They're still in the car & I don't even remember what I got! I did recently grab, Jonathan Carroll's, "Bones of the Moon? though.
    "Run to the hills! Run for your life!" But first; nap!sigpic

Comment

• Just picked up a harcover edition of Mike's "Swords of Corum" trilogy

Comment

• Lost Vegas: The Redneck Riviera, Existentialist Conversations with Strippers, and the World Series of Poker by Paul ‘Dr. Pauly’ McGuire

Just bought this one by a fellow poker blogger, an A lister tho not Z list such as I. He tells some great stories about nights spent in Vegas bars in his blog so can't wait to read this one.
        herb

Man spends his time on devising a more idiot proof computer. The universe spends its time devising bigger idiots. So far the universe is winning.

http://www.wolfshead.net/wolfshowl

http://www.wolfshead.net/books

Comment

• Happy as a pig in what ever

I have had a good day . Many years ago when Magnum were a band with cover art on vinyl records that you wanted to keep and wished for posters of the same, I had a fabulous collection of MM books, but due to moving home about 7 times and a fire in one, my collection contained 5 books.
          Until today for the grand total of £3.50 I am now the owner of 12 more books, 2 of which I have not read,The Black Corridor and The Rituals of Infinity.

I love car boot sales.

Comment

• A great day's work Davtho!

Comment

• An Uncorrected Proof/ARC copy of the 4 Walls 8 Windows edition of The Lives and Times of JC finally turned up yesterday a month after it was posted air mail from the US, but I also bought a French edition of The Brothel in Rosenstrasse on eBay.fr last night. Hopefully it won't take as long to cross the Channel as it takes to cross the Atlantic.
              _"For an eternity Allard was alone in an icy limbo where all the colours were bright and sharp and comfortless.
              _For another eternity Allard swam through seas without end, all green and cool and deep, where distorted creatures drifted, sometimes attacking him.
              _And then, at last, he had reached the real world – the world he had created, where he was God and could create or destroy whatever he wished.
              _He was supremely powerful. He told planets to destroy themselves, and they did. He created suns. Beautiful women flocked to be his. Of all men, he was the mightiest. Of all gods, he was the greatest."

Comment

• Originally posted by David Mosley View Post
                An Uncorrected Proof/ARC copy of the 4 Walls 8 Windows edition of The Lives and Times of JC finally turned up yesterday a month after it was posted air mail from the US, but I also bought a French edition of The Brothel in Rosenstrasse on eBay.fr last night. Hopefully it won't take as long to cross the Channel as it takes to cross the Atlantic.

Gee thanks, good to know. I just purchased a first printing Hogfather from a shop in the Isles and was told it would be posted on Mon. For what I'm getting charged S&H I hope it gets here a bit faster. Normally I collect American firsts even of English authors but for some reason I felt Pratchett should be in the original. The damned postage is gonna kill me though as I add to the collection.
                herb

Man spends his time on devising a more idiot proof computer. The universe spends its time devising bigger idiots. So far the universe is winning.

http://www.wolfshead.net/wolfshowl

http://www.wolfshead.net/books

Comment

• They just reprint Mary Shelley's Frankenstein illustrated by Bernie Wrightson. How could I resist?

Free the West Memphis Three

Comment

• @ herb: A week (7-8 days) is the average time for a package sent Airmail to get from the UK to the US (and vice versa). Surface mail obviously takes longer but should be cheaper.
                    _"For an eternity Allard was alone in an icy limbo where all the colours were bright and sharp and comfortless.
                    _For another eternity Allard swam through seas without end, all green and cool and deep, where distorted creatures drifted, sometimes attacking him.
                    _And then, at last, he had reached the real world – the world he had created, where he was God and could create or destroy whatever he wished.
                    _He was supremely powerful. He told planets to destroy themselves, and they did. He created suns. Beautiful women flocked to be his. Of all men, he was the mightiest. Of all gods, he was the greatest."

Comment

• Originally posted by Mespheber View Post
                      They just reprint Mary Shelley's Frankenstein illustrated by Bernie Wrightson. How could I resist?

<snip amazing pic>
                      Wow. That's really good.

Comment

• Just bought The Worst Journey in the World by Apsley Cherry-Garrard from Amazon.
                        Looking forward to this one.
                        Cheers for the rec Gov!
                        "I hate to advocate drugs,alcohol,violence or insanity to anyone,but they've always worked for me"

Hunter S Thompson

Comment

• Happy to help, tf, and I'm sure you'll like. You'll be able to write an overview of early Antarctic exploration soon surely?
                          You see, it's... it's no good, Montag. We've all got to be alike. The only way to be happy is for everyone to be made equal.

-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-

Image Hive :-: Wikiverse :-: Media Hive

:-: Onsite Offerings :-:

"I am an observer of life, a non-participant who takes no sides. I am in the regimented society, but not of it." Moondog, 1964

Comment

• Yep!
                            I only have to learn to string a few cohesive sentences together first!!
                            "I hate to advocate drugs,alcohol,violence or insanity to anyone,but they've always worked for me"

Hunter S Thompson

Comment

• Unseen Accademicals in small paperback by Mr. Pratchett, at least for myself.
                              I bought yet another copy of Jeff Smith's Bone along with a book on traditional Chinese medicine for a friend of mine after that.
                              Amid Chaos, Order arises; but even in Order there is Chaos.

Understands now that Corum did have a happy ending after all!

Comment

• The French edition of Brothel mentioned earlier arrived today. I've been looking for a copy of this for a couple of years now in order to upgrade the minuscule thumbnail cover I'd previously uploaded to the Image Hive. Mission (as they say) accomplished.

Comment

Working...
                                X