Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

What was the last book you bought?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Governor of Rowe Island View Post
    Don't make us come in and edit those posts!!!
    I promise to think before posting. Honest.
    Any fool can make a rule, and any fool will mind it.

~Henry David Thoreau

Comment

• BTW folks. Anyplace you could point me that might explain the title change, from The Sleeping Sorceress to The Vanishing Tower? The latter is title of the story I read. Indeed, I had this cover:

~Henry David Thoreau

Comment

• Originally posted by Wanderlust View Post
        BTW folks. Anyplace you could point me that might explain the title change, from The Sleeping Sorceress to The Vanishing Tower?
        That sounds like a question for Mike, WL.
        _"For an eternity Allard was alone in an icy limbo where all the colours were bright and sharp and comfortless.
        _For another eternity Allard swam through seas without end, all green and cool and deep, where distorted creatures drifted, sometimes attacking him.
        _And then, at last, he had reached the real world – the world he had created, where he was God and could create or destroy whatever he wished.
        _He was supremely powerful. He told planets to destroy themselves, and they did. He created suns. Beautiful women flocked to be his. Of all men, he was the mightiest. Of all gods, he was the greatest."

Comment

• "War amongst the angels" pretty much as new hardcover for $1, plus Camus' "The Plague".
          Spacerockmanifesto on Facebook

Hawkwind tabs

Comment

• Gots to love a hardcover for a buck, Des.

~Henry David Thoreau

Comment

• Just got back from bookstall in the Grainger market. Got boxed set of the Foundation Trilogy for £6.00, In the Presence of Mine Enemies & Departures both by Harry Turtledove £3.00 each, can't be bad.
              Arioch, aid me! Blood and souls for Arioch!

Comment

• Quality wee haul there Silverhand!
                I picked up Mr Pye by Mervyn Peake earlier for 69p.
                "I hate to advocate drugs,alcohol,violence or insanity to anyone,but they've always worked for me"

Hunter S Thompson

Comment

• Originally posted by thingfish View Post
                  Quality wee haul there Silverhand!
                  I picked up Mr Pye by Mervyn Peake earlier for 69p.
                  Must admit I've never read Peake, maybe I should try. I'd said on another thread that I'd found Asimov a bit dry, so I couldn't resist seeing if I'd change my attitude after all these years. Turtledove's Guns of the South was brilliant so I always look out for his stuff.
                  Arioch, aid me! Blood and souls for Arioch!

Comment

• Just scored The Elric Saga(s) I & II. Can't wait to get my greedy mits on'm.

~Henry David Thoreau

Comment

• Absolute Dark Knight. Enjoyed both stories but the artwork in DK2 can't be numbered among my favorites. While the exagerration of features in DKR somehow seemed to fit the story the technique in DK2 went even furthur taking the characters in to the realm of troglodyte and, to me at least, detracted from it.
                      herb

Man spends his time on devising a more idiot proof computer. The universe spends its time devising bigger idiots. So far the universe is winning.

http://www.wolfshead.net/wolfshowl

http://www.wolfshead.net/books

Comment

• For my fine art side.

Picked up New Media in Late 20th Century Art - Thames & Hudson and Neo-classicism by Hugh Honour.

Years apart, but being sold off as old library stock.
                        Papa was a Rolling Stone......

Comment

• Forgot to mention on Saturday morning the postman arrived with The South Pole;an account of the Norwegian Antarctic expedition by Capt Roald Amundsen.
                          "I hate to advocate drugs,alcohol,violence or insanity to anyone,but they've always worked for me"

Hunter S Thompson

Comment

• On a business trip to the west stretch of the Ohio River today, I found for sale at the Daviess County Public Library the following items: a CD of Richard Wagner: Orchestral Music from 'The Ring'; a CD of Oliver Mtukudzi's Shoko: Tuku Music from the Townships of Zimbabwe; a copy of Edgar Allen Poe: Selected Prose, Poetry and Eureka (I have been looking for a used copy of 'Eureka' in its entirety for a while now); a copy of Mark Twain's Adventures of Huckleberry Finn (which is in far better shape than my old pocket paperback). The total price for the entire set? $1.50 US.

Comment

• The Unlimited Dream Company by J G Ballard
                              Scouse English Glossary by Fred Fazakerly
                              Irish, Catholic and Scouse by John Belchem

Comment

• My fave Ballard book PV!

Thats some bargain you got there GC!!

Hunter S Thompson

Comment

Working...
                                X