Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

Fangoria and Starlog Magazines

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fangoria and Starlog Magazines

Hello !!!

I was feeling sentimental during the holidays....

so I began to flip through some of my vintage magazines.

Does anyone here collect Fangoria,Starlog or any sci-fi,horror,fiction magazines?

It is so cool,in my humble opinion, to check these things out for old book reviews,photographs of what were upcoming movies and television shows!

They had great advertisements in them and all sorts of fun stuff !!!

Today,I am reading Fangoria #11 from 1981,among checking some other ones out....

This one,for instance,has a great article about the movie "Excalibur" !!!!!

"John Boorman's ten-year quest to bring the story of Arthur and Merlin to the screen."

-There are five wonderful,colour, film pictures with the text.

The magazines have a wealth of fascinating articles in them,many from movies or books that I never heard of.....

All in all,they are great! -some are in better shape than others,so the bad ones,I might cut the photographs out and hang up on the wall!

This issue had an ad for a new magaine theywere putting out,"Fantasy Modeling",which looked really cool! I must have missed all those issues in the shops,back in the old days..haha! The cover had two big green lizard miniatures on it with what looks like a blonde woman in a nice sword and sorcery type outfit,hehe,it talked about war gamesand artwork,lBoris Vallejo's name was on the cover.

Hammer Films get mentioned alot in these,excellent stuff!

-Lemec

"With a deep, not-unhappy sigh, Elric prepared to do battle with an army." (Red Pearls)
    - Michael Moorcock

-oooh,I just noticed a page of soundtracks for sale...

-they have Jule's Verne's Master of the World,pretty cool-looking airship on the cover!

"With a deep, not-unhappy sigh, Elric prepared to do battle with an army." (Red Pearls)
    - Michael Moorcock

Comment

By the time Fangoria came out in the late seventies I was of an age at which I was more interested in chasing tails than reading them in magazines.

But I did back then, and still do...collect Fangoria's sister magazines...CREEPY and EERIE which were also published by Warren.
      Frank Frazetta is one of the all time greats.

Comment

Very cool, voilodian ghagnasdiak!

Most excellent!!!

Frazetta is incredible!

I have a few trading cards that has some of his artwork on and I really enjoyed the documentary on him. I can't remember if I ever got one of the calendars or not,but I did have Fire and Ice on vhs.

I would love to see his paintings in person.

Don't you think it a bit strange to paint over some of the originals,if I was that good,I think I'd just start on a fresh canvas,hehe! -but he made them,he can do what he wants! (Do I have the right artist? I think I saw the doc on the IFC. I used to see his art on books and things everywhere!)

- Michael Moorcock

Comment

Working...
        X