Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

ERB is public domain

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ERB is public domain

I just found out that ERB's 'John Carter' books, as well as Tarzan, are public domain.

http://en.wikisource.org/wiki/A_Prin...Mars/Chapter_I

"I am a very old man; how old I do not know. Possibly I am a hundred, possibly more; but I cannot tell because I have never aged as other men,"

I remember how much that fascinated me when I read it, I must have been nine or so, and I read it over and over again. I think it's really great to see such seminal works of popular literature finally something that belongs to everyone.

Very superb books ........

The french editor explains that ERB father was a free mason ant that the book is full of references .....

Any way, very interesting and not a surprise that MM was inspired by them ...

Comment

Originally posted by Morgan Kane
      The french editor explains that ERB father was a free mason ant that the book is full of references .....
      Well this has me itching to reread them. I'll be looking for masonic references for sure.

Comment

Working...
      X