Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

OJ Simpson

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OJ Simpson

Has everyone heard about this new book? O. J. Simpson describes in a series of interviews how, if he had landed on the moon, then this is how he would have done it!
    Incroyable!
    As a feeble excuse for putting this post in 'Q&A', I have to ask Mike: Have any of your books ever been thinly-veiled confessions of former crimes? Is it true that Sailor on the Seas of Fate is merely a fictionalised account of a day-trip on the Cowes ferry, after which you wantonly demolished a pair of unusually large and evil-looking sandcastles on Ryde beach? I think we should be told...

He also, apparently, describes how he would have murdered his wife - if he had in fact murdered her.

Some people might point out that he was found liable for her death (and that of a friend) by a Civil Court and ordered to pay $33.5 million in damages. But then this 'confession' is, of course, entirely hypothetical.

Reuters report
    _"For an eternity Allard was alone in an icy limbo where all the colours were bright and sharp and comfortless.
    _For another eternity Allard swam through seas without end, all green and cool and deep, where distorted creatures drifted, sometimes attacking him.
    _And then, at last, he had reached the real world – the world he had created, where he was God and could create or destroy whatever he wished.
    _He was supremely powerful. He told planets to destroy themselves, and they did. He created suns. Beautiful women flocked to be his. Of all men, he was the mightiest. Of all gods, he was the greatest."

Comment

Comment

"i've considered taking a stab at book writing myself."
        \
        “You don't hear things that are bad about your company unless you ask. It is easy to hear good tidings, but you have to scratch to get the bad news.”
        -- Thomas J. Watson, Sr.

Comment

Simpson is about as low as an amoeba, wait that's an insult to amoebae.
          I don't think hell would even accept him (not that I believe in hell).

Comment

During the rather grueling period when my back went bad and I was pretty much bedridden, the OJ case occured and was televised. Being near Los ANgeles I got the saturation coverage. Learned a lot about how to argue DNA evidence and was angry/amused by the little court dance performed daily by the lawyers. (How they loved dancing to the sidebar!)

Most memorable was Carrot Top's prop comedy bit when he took out a utility belt with dozens of gloves attached, calling it "Mark Fuhrman's tool belt", and began randomly tossing away gloves. That, and the Dancing Itos.

Now we have this "If I Did It" book, TV show and heavy media spin. Even the publisher thinks "it was a confession".

Keep searching for "the real killer" OJ. Try the mirror.
            Miqque
            ... just another sailor on the seas of Fate, dogpaddling desperately ...

Comment

But what about the bloody moon!!!!????

Comment

Is your book going to be about murdering your wife on the moon, Joshua?

Comment

Originally posted by Perdix
                  But what about the bloody moon!!!!????
                  We already know how OJ would go to Mars.
                  _"For an eternity Allard was alone in an icy limbo where all the colours were bright and sharp and comfortless.
                  _For another eternity Allard swam through seas without end, all green and cool and deep, where distorted creatures drifted, sometimes attacking him.
                  _And then, at last, he had reached the real world – the world he had created, where he was God and could create or destroy whatever he wished.
                  _He was supremely powerful. He told planets to destroy themselves, and they did. He created suns. Beautiful women flocked to be his. Of all men, he was the mightiest. Of all gods, he was the greatest."

Comment

Originally posted by Perdix
                    Is your book going to be about murdering your wife on the moon, Joshua?
                    my girlfriend anna

"You've got to be joking. I've been waiting since 2001 for him to 'pop the question'. He hasn't got a commitment bone in his body."
                    \

"that's not true. i'm just waiting for the right person."
                    \
                    “You don't hear things that are bad about your company unless you ask. It is easy to hear good tidings, but you have to scratch to get the bad news.”
                    -- Thomas J. Watson, Sr.

Comment

There has to be a Tom Strong story in this! Maybe Tom visits the moon on a routine mission only to run into the legendary baseball player AJ Samson, secretly plotting his revenge after being accused of microwaving kittens.

Comment

Originally posted by Zax
                        There has to be a Tom Strong story in this! Maybe Tom visits the moon on a routine mission only to run into the legendary baseball player AJ Samson, secretly plotting his revenge after being accused of microwaving kittens.
                        That breaks suspension of disbelief!

One never microwaves kittens. One bakes them.

Miqque
                        ... just another sailor on the seas of Fate, dogpaddling desperately ...

Comment

I think the highlight of the charade was the car "chase" which tied up the law enforcement agencies of who knows how many States? The entire fiasco convoluted, tv, radio, newspapers and word of mouth media sources for days on end. It made me puke, to think that this dickweed received star status even while turning himself in for suspicion of committing a crime. Pretty lame entertainment in my opinion.
                          Who else saw it??

Comment

I think the best bit was when they rigged the studio up to look like the lunar surface.

Comment

Did the space microbes really come from M'cDonalds?
                              M'cLunar Lunch...
                              Here are your waiters...Jerry Garcia and Tim Leary.
                              A bottle of our finest Ripple.

Comment

Working...
                              X