Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

Searchable Database of Public Domain Titles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Searchable Database of Public Domain Titles

Google has launched the Google Books beta which allows you to search for books which are in the public domain and view them. You can even download some titles as .pdf files!

Be sure to select the "Full view books" option or you will also get listings of books currently for sale (and which only display a few pages of the book).

Some sample searches:

Sherlock Holmes

Edgar Rice Burroughs

Edgar Allen Poe

William Shakespeare
    "Wounds are all I'm made of. Did I hear you say that this is victory?"
    --Michael Moorcock, Veteran of the Psychic Wars

Project Gutenberg also offer free downloads of public domain books in plain text or HTML.

http://www.gutenberg.org/

What with this and BookMooch, I'll never have to buy a book again.

Comment

Curious if anyone knew that this is how one of the major publishers (I think Penguin) started up - by publishing cheap pulp copies of out of print public domain works (for which there are no licensing or royalty issues to consider).

Anyone who knows a good literature professor, would be a bonus too.
      Batman: It's a low neighborhood, full of rumpots. They're used to curious sights, which they attribute to alcoholic delusions.

Robin: Gosh, drink is sure a filthy thing, isn't it? I'd rather be dead than unable to trust my own eyes!

Comment

Working...
      X