Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

The Tale of the Eternal Champion - White Wolf/Borealis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Tale of the Eternal Champion - White Wolf/Borealis

When White Wolf began publishing these books back in the late 90's I started to purchase them as they were made available... but a few life events and financial difficulties prevented me from continuing to do so.

Today White Wolf Publishing and Borealis are long gone. Paradox, who owns the rights to the White Wolf properties has told me that they did not purchase the rights to these books along with other White Wolf assets.

I'm trying to figure out if the following books were ever published in Soft Cover format:

Legends at the End of Time

Earl Aubec

Count Brass

I have managed to find Soft Cover copies of the first 13 in this edition and while I'm still balking at the asking price for Elric: Stealer of Souls I'll likely cave and buy a good used copy shortly.

...if I have to I will buy the last three in Hardback but if Soft Cover versions exist I'd keep looking for them...

Thanks in advance for your reply.

First of all, welcome to the Miscellany!

According to the Wiki none of the titles you mention were ever available in softcover in the White Wolf inprint in the US. I'm sure the reason was given somewhere here, once upon a time, but what it was escapes me.
    You see, it's... it's no good, Montag. We've all got to be alike. The only way to be happy is for everyone to be made equal.

-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-

Image Hive :-: Wikiverse :-: Media Hive

:-: Onsite Offerings :-:

"I am an observer of life, a non-participant who takes no sides. I am in the regimented society, but not of it." Moondog, 1964

Comment

Thanks for the reply. I will pursue purchasing the last three in Hardback then.

Comment

No problem. Good luck hunting them down!
        You see, it's... it's no good, Montag. We've all got to be alike. The only way to be happy is for everyone to be made equal.

-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-

Image Hive :-: Wikiverse :-: Media Hive

:-: Onsite Offerings :-:

"I am an observer of life, a non-participant who takes no sides. I am in the regimented society, but not of it." Moondog, 1964

Comment

My greatest sadness was selling off this collection. When they were released I was conveniently working at a national bookseller chain so I was able to get every volume (of the White Wolf set) new and untouched. For most, this included both Trade Cloth (hardcover) and Trade Paper (softcover). I sold off the collection as a lot back during a period of unemployment in 2012 and took a massive hit because instead of auctioning them off to collectors I had to sell them to a local used book dealer and needed the cash immediately. I am still broken hearted about that and although I have compressed my shelves so hide the massive gap the gaping hole is there in my mind.
          "In omnibus requiem quaesivi, et nusquam inveni nisi in angulo cum libro"
          --Thomas a Kempis

Comment

Working...
          X